Using Find and resize property to paste entire row

dreen

Board Regular
I am trying to use a Find function to find the value of the Active cell in Sheet 2 (I force the active cell to be selected in column A, so if I select "B4", the active cell is "A4").
I would like the Find function to find the value of the "A" active cell from Sheet 2 and find it in Sheet 1, then paste the entire row of the that found row from Sheet 1 into row 2 of Sheet 2.

To break it down:
- Find the value of Sheet 2 column "A" active cell inside of column A in Sheet 1
- Copy the entire row into Sheet 2 row 2 of the found column A in sheet 1

I tried to use a variety of combinations to do this, here is a snapshot of my attempts:

Sheet2.Range("A2").EntireRow.Value = Sheet1.Range("A:A").Find(Sheet2.Range("ActiveCell"), , xlValues, xlWhole).EntireRow.Value 'Sheet2.Range("A2").EntireRow.Value = Sheet1.Range("A1:A100000").Find(Sheet2.Range("A" & ActiveCell), , xlValues, xlWhole).EntireRow.Value 'Sheet2.Range("A2").Resize(90).Value = Sheet1.Range("A1:A100000").Find(Sheet2.Range(Target.Value), , xlValues, xlWhole).Resize(90).Value 'Sheet2.Rows(2).EntireRow.Value = Sheet1.Range("A:A").Find(Sheet2.Range("ActiveCell"), , xlValues, xlWhole).EntireRow.Value 'Sheet2.Range("A2").EntireRow.Value = Sheet1.Range("A1:A100000").Find(Sheet2.Range(ActiveCell), , xlValues, xlWhole).Resize(90).Value 'Sheet2.Range("A2").Resize(90).Value = Sheet1.Range("A1:A100000").Find(Sheet2.Range(ActiveCell), , xlValues, xlWhole).Resize(90).Value

Below is the entire code, between where the code is commented Testing Below and Testing Above is where my attempts are inside the entire code:

VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

On Error Resume Next                                                                        'Skips any errors and executes the macro further

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual

If Target.Row > 2 Then                                                                      'Doesn't Allow the "Titles" in Row 1 to be highlighted or changed

Application.EnableEvents = False

'ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="MyRange", RefersToR1C1:=Range("A" & (ActiveCell.Row))   'Defines the name of the ActiveCell as "MyRange" to Autofill VLookup Formula on sheet

Range("A" & (ActiveCell.Row)).Select                                                    'Always Selects Column A depending on the Active Row selecte

ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Offset(1).EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 0                       'Clears the previous Active Row's interior colour (yellow)

Target.EntireRow.Interior.Color = RGB(243, 243, 123)                                    'Sets the current Active Row's interior colour (as yellow)

'Testing below

Sheet2.Range("A2").EntireRow.Value = Sheet1.Range("A:A").Find(Sheet2.Range("ActiveCell"), , xlValues, xlWhole).EntireRow.Value
        'Sheet2.Range("A2").EntireRow.Value = Sheet1.Range("A1:A100000").Find(Sheet2.Range("A" & ActiveCell), , xlValues, xlWhole).EntireRow.Value

'Sheet2.Range("A2").Resize(90).Value = Sheet1.Range("A1:A100000").Find(Sheet2.Range(Target.Value), , xlValues, xlWhole).Resize(90).Value

'Sheet2.Rows(2).EntireRow.Value = Sheet1.Range("A:A").Find(Sheet2.Range("ActiveCell"), , xlValues, xlWhole).EntireRow.Value

'Sheet2.Range("A2").EntireRow.Value = Sheet1.Range("A1:A100000").Find(Sheet2.Range(ActiveCell), , xlValues, xlWhole).Resize(90).Value
       'Sheet2.Range("A2").Resize(90).Value = Sheet1.Range("A1:A100000").Find(Sheet2.Range(ActiveCell), , xlValues, xlWhole).Resize(90).Value

'Testing above

If Target.Address = "$A$2" Then                                                         'Checks if you have selected Row 2 (The comparison row)

Target.Value = ""                                                                   'If Cell A2 is selected (the "Key" comparison cell from the comparison row) then a blank value is inputted

Else                                                                                    'If Cell A2 is not selected

[a2] = ActiveCell                                                                   'Makes cell "A2" equal to the Active Cell value (The "Key" in this case)

End If                                                                                  'End IF statement

Me.Range("B2:CK2").Interior.Color = xlNone                                              'Clears any previous (if any) colouring inside cells

Dim rng As Range                                                                        'Declares variable as a range to store values

For Each rng In Me.Range("D2:CK2")                                                      'Declares which columns to highlight yellow if there are any parameters in Sheet 2 that vary from Sheet 1

If IsNumeric(rng.Value) And IsNumeric(Me.Cells(Target.Row, rng.Column)) Then        '[Exludes the Key, Date, Time & Part columns: hence starting at Column D for highlighting variances]

If rng.Value <> Me.Cells(Target.Row, rng.Column).Value Then                     'Checks if the parameters vary from the main Database ("HE 171")

rng.Interior.Color = vbYellow                                               'Highlights any varying parameters in Yellow

End If                                                                          'End the first IF statement

End If                                                                              'End the second IF statement

Next                                                                                    'Compares the next parameter until it reaches the last parameter

End If                                                                                      'End the initial IF statement at the beginning of the macro

Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Also cross posted on: Using Find functions to paste the found Entire Row

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back