Using HTML Maker

DaveOMatic

Board Regular
Hello Board...dumb questions here I know but having trouble trying to get VBHTMLMaker to work correctly. Successfully installed the VBHTMLMaker.xla and selected it in the add-ins. I can right click on any of my code panes and select the " Convert Selected Code as HTML " option. Also, tried the " Convert Selected Procedure and Code as BB " as well.

I tried sending test private messages to myself with the pasted HTML and BB forms of the code and it just does not imbed correctly in the message field. What am I doing wrong here please...?

Running Windows XP Pro Svc Pack 2, Excel 2002, Inet Explorer 6.0.2

Thanks in Advance

Also one thing to note is that HTML code is not usable on all forums. I don't know which one's it is not, but I doubt you could use it in private messages. test the VBHTMLMAKER in the test forum and see if it posts correctly in there.

Hope that helps.

Thanks jonmo1 ...I read the threads all the way down to modifying the HTML maker coding in a certain module. But the version I downloaded has only one standard module named MODMain with a mass of Private Subs and Functions...I don't see any script as described in the threads to delete. Curiously, there is one large Private Function Section that is entirely commented out.

To Schielrn, thanks as well for your reply / info. Right now I am only working in the Excel Message board trying to escape Novice class and move on up in VB, become more proficient and help others as well. Yes, the Private message format may not work...I'll try a general post in the test forum and see what it looks like. I'm just perplexed that so many others on the board seem to have no trouble posting their code in the course of seeking help.

Thanks again Jonmo1 and Schielrn for your tips. I went to the Test Section, tried some experiments and Norie gave me some HTML coding tips that helped. The key for me is to use the HTML Maker to right click copy sample coding as either HTML or BB.

THEN

Code:
Place a Code Html tag in the Excel Message Board message field

Paste the Coding

Close with a /Code Html Tag

And that is all there is to it.
Regards
DaveOMatic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaurav_7829

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back