Using =IFERROR formula to calculate a revenue

EDawn

Hello. I am having trouble with my homework. I will first put in the question in addition to the formulas I have attempted. I believe I almost have the formula, but something just isn't quite right.

I am using defined names, which are as follows:
CostPerUnit='Profit Analysis'!$C$16
MonthlyExpenses='Profit Analysis'!$C$17
PricePerUnit='Profit Analysis'!$C$15

<tbody>
</tbody>

#6: In cell C19, enter a formula to calculate the revenue at the break-even point, which
is determined by the break-even point multiplied by the sales price per unit. Use the
IFERROR function to display a blank cell instead of an error value.

My formula attempts:

#1 =IFERROR(C18*CostPerUnit,"") C18(BREAK EVEN POINT(Units Sold): =IFERROR(MonthlyExpenses/(PricePerUnit-CostPerUnit),"")

#2 =IFERROR([MonthlyExpenses/(PricePerUnit-CostPerUnit)*CostPerUnit,"")

Hopefully this is enough to help me on. I am not looking for the answer but rather guidance --- an answer will not help me learn/understand as well as maybe explanation or tip or show me where i'm right or wrong in my formula building. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hi

Your formula (Excel formula) is OK based on the fact you have applied the following correctly

=IFERROR(value,value_if_error)

and it will return "" (A blank cell) if there is an error

I'm afraid I cant help with the actual calculation of your revenue at break even point!

Upvote 0
ok, so I always build the formulas inside out. I would start with finding out how many items were bout so lets say 500 at and you buy them for $1, you haven $500 into it. if you sell them for $3 each then you end up needing 167 items sold because $500/$3 =166.66667 and you have to round up.
then now that you know that you can formula you can add the iferror around it. so the first statement is
=iferror(your equation,what you want it to do if it is an error(in this case you want a blank so you add ""))
I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions please ask

Upvote 0
Both of you, thank you. I decided to step away from my homework temporarily. When I returned I retried my first formula again.. and it worked. I must have been typing wrong or something in my exhaustion. But This site has been helpful! I know where to post any other questions I may have in the future.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr_ordinaryboy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back