bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a report that I would like to create where I want to use the customers by region.

I could copy the filter function to all the columns but I was wondering if there was a better way to do this?

This is the formula that I came up with

SORT(
UNIQUE(
FILTER(CommissionTemplate!X:X, (CommissionTemplate!AH:AH=B2)*(CommissionTemplate!Z:Z=G6))))

Where the commission template is the source data, B2 is the revenue type & G6 is the country (APAC - which has 3 customers listed from the Commission Template sheet in the snapshot below):

1714431406703.png

Is there to add something to this formula that will spill the orders for all these regions or do I have to reuse the filter function for each column. Would this be were byRows or HStack be incorporated into the formula?

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
you could cover in the filter range the colums , X:AZ or however many columns have the results you want
and then use
choosecols() to select what columns you want to display
in this case X will be 1
so something like

choosecols(
SORT(
UNIQUE(
FILTER(CommissionTemplate!X:X, (CommissionTemplate!AH:AH=B2)*(CommissionTemplate!Z:Z=G6)))) ,
1,3, 10)
that will display col1 1 = X col 3 = Z , col 10 = AH

Upvote 0
If I understand correctly, something like this:

Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(DROP(REDUCE("",G6:O6,LAMBDA(s,c,HSTACK(s,SORT(
UNIQUE(
FILTER(CommissionTemplate!X:X, (CommissionTemplate!AH:AH=B2)*(CommissionTemplate!Z:Z=c))))))),,1),"")

Upvote 0
If I understand correctly, something like this:

Excel Formula:
UNIQUE(
FILTER(CommissionTemplate!X:X, (CommissionTemplate!AH:AH=B2)*(CommissionTemplate!Z:Z=c))))))),,1),"")
Hi Rory,

Thank you for the formula - I really like it.

I think the formula needs, though, to be tweaked slightly because the formula is return nothing when I enter it into my speadsheet:

1714489068900.png

I replaced "'CommissionTemplate!Z:Z=c" with "'CommissionTemplate!Z:Z=G6"and I get the following results:

1714488708726.png

Looking at G6 spills the results for the APAC across all the regions instead of return the new customers for each particular region.

I don't understand how the Lamba function works but it looks like the something in the section that was added the formula - DROP(REDUCE("",G6:O6,LAMBDA(s,c,HSTACK" (the "c' argument) is not returning the new customers from the source column.

The formula should work - thank you for this - but it needs to be tweaked slightly - I wish I knew how it worked so I could do the tweaking as needed.

Upvote 0
Oh, that would happen if one of the header values doesn't return any data. We can amend the FILTER to return an empty string rather than an error:

Excel Formula:
UNIQUE(
FILTER(CommissionTemplate!X:X, (CommissionTemplate!AH:AH=B2)*(CommissionTemplate!Z:Z=c),"")))))),,1),"")

Upvote 0
Solution
Worked like a charm:

1714495263588.png

Yes, a couple of regions didn't book anything in Feb or March. This has been remedied in April

Thank you for your help, love that formula. I found a 2 hour video by Girvin where he explains the Lambda function. I plan on listening to it today in between work tasks.

Attachments

• 1714495252839.png
    1714495252839.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
In future please mark the post that contains the solution, rather than your post saying it works. Thanks

Upvote 0
Sorry, I thought I had marked it as complete.

Upvote 0
You did, but you marked post#6 not post#5 which is the post with the answer. You have now marked post#8 which does not contain a solution so I have changed it back to post#5

Upvote 0
Thank you for letting me know. I will do that in the future

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncguzzo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back