Vacation/holiday tracker count

cbye

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have tweaked a vacation template I found off the Microsoft site to suit my needs to keep track of my vacation/holiday count. We had a similar application (not Excel) and it was sunset and they didn't give us another solution.

I have tried several times to add a mini sheet with XL2bb but it keeps locking up on me. I followed the procedure to remove, download and reinstall it again a couple times but it does the same thing.

Ive added screen shots of the January sheet and the settings sheet to get an idea of what it looks like. Basically I have two calendar inputs, Vacation (V) and Holiday (H). What I would like to do is subtract 1 from the "Vacation days left" field when a "V" is placed in a day cell. Same thing for "H". The day cells for the month sheets are C7-AG7 and the "Vacation Days Left" and "Holidays Left" cells on the settings sheet are AJ9 and AM9 respectively. I added the "vacation days left" and "holidays left" to my settings sheet assuming it would be easier to update one instance and point all the months back to those cells? I guess my questions is can I do this with a formula? Or because I have 30+ cells across 12 sheets to monitor, would this require VBA?

I'm still fairly new to Excel and trying to figure these things on my own. There was one thread from a year or so ago that sounded like it was similar to what I am looking for but they were requested to upload their sheet and didn't. I will continue to try to upload my mini sheet. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

vacation excel jan.PNG
vacation excel settings.PNG

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back