Valu Between two number

Teeboy

Board Regular
Hi All

What formula/s do i need to return a value based on a number being between two other numbers.

E.G.
A B D
1 £- £1,000 12
2 £1,000 £3,000 14
3 £3,000 £4,000 16
4 £4,000 £6,000 18
5 £6,000 £1,000 20
6 any value

IF A6 lies between any of the values in columns A & B then return the relevant value in D

:eek:

Ummm. I usually assume (possibly naively) that an OP - in this case a relative newcomer to the Board - would prefer that a formula posted within a response to his/her question returns a correct answer rather than simply being in the correct form but returning an incorrect answer.

Having said that, the original post was, in the absence of a HTML snap-shot, somewhat imprecise; referring as it did to columns "A B D" followed by what could have been three or four columns of data depending on how you view the first column of numbers 1 to 6. This uncertainty probably led to the difference in the formulae posted by Sitaram and me. For this very reason, in posting a formula at variance with Sitarams', I explained and showed the layout that I had assumed and from which I had derived the formula.

Since the OP has not responded we cannot at present judge what his intentions were or if either of the formulae produced the desired result.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi guys

Sorry i hae not responded but i have been on hols

Thanks for all your input it has been really usefull I didnot realise the various ways of using the vlookup. I have been using the format
=vlookup(,$a$2:$f$50,3,false) (numbers inserted for asthetic reasons of course) and nothing else.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back