#VALUE! error with vlookup formula

EugeneZ

Hi!

I have constructed a vlookup formula that looks up a date value from this sheet in an array on a separate work sheet and returns a time value in hours. I am accessing a number of cells on the sheet and am getting a #value error if any of them are blank. This is affecting other formulas in my workbook. Any ideas are very welcome! Thanks in advance! :)

Eugene

PS Formula here: =VLOOKUP($A18,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,4,FALSE)+VLOOKUP($A19,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,4,FALSE)+VLOOKUP($A20,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,4,FALSE)+VLOOKUP($A21,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,4,FALSE)+VLOOKUP($A22,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,4,FALSE)

Hi Guys! Thanks for your help, your thinking put me on the right path and I managed to solve it. Here is the solution (not very elegant, but it works!):

=IF(VLOOKUP($A18,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,2,FALSE)=0,0,VLOOKUP($A18,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,4,FALSE))+IF(VLOOKUP($A19,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,2,FALSE)=0,0,VLOOKUP($A19,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,4,FALSE))+IF(VLOOKUP($A20,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,2,FALSE)=0,0,VLOOKUP($A20,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,4,FALSE))+IF(VLOOKUP($A21,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,2,FALSE)=0,0,VLOOKUP($A21,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,4,FALSE))+IF(VLOOKUP($A22,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,2,FALSE)=0,0,VLOOKUP($A22,Shane!$A$3:$H$347,4,FALSE))

:biggrin:

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
I had similar issues with Excel 03. To get around not having iferror, can do if(iserror

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyarra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back