VB Object Database

borg_brain

Board Regular
I want to acsses an object database from VB6 but so far haven't found any way of doing this ??? Any help please let me know

Martin

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Could you explain further what you mean by an object database?
Right now, I'm guessing the obvious, an ODBMS.

I'll only note for myself, I have no prior experience with ODBMS's other than knowing what they are. I'm fairly "well travelled' using Access and some VB6, and I've never noticed something explictly for the above - but noticed could be the operating term.

However, I would have assumed that other than using OQL instead of SQL, that the basic technique to connect would have to be similar in format to every other database connection string. The developers of the object oriented database system (groups) would be shooting themselves in the foot if they insisted on something totally different for them...familiarty breeds acceptance.

And hey, ask away. Who knows, maybe somebody has worked with some on here, but, if I were hunting for this, I'd hunt for information on the website for whatever ODBMS product you are wanting to use.

I realize this might be a school related question - in which case it could be extremely helpful for a project to at least see what has already been done - I'd still look at the former.

I feel like I'm rambling a bit - but - if you're coding it all yourself and building your own ODBMS, then you're obviously in a position to make your connection method look any way you feel like. Sounds like a really cool project to get to do.

Mike
(edit for spelling)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mari_mariou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back