VB Script to Save Results to a single PDF Fila

amkkhan

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
this small VBA Chunk iterates from roll no 1 to last i(collecting data from sheet1 and getting results.
but unfortunately, it prints only the last result instead of all the iterated results.
All I want is just to export all the iterated results into a single pdf file on the said path.

VBA Code:
Sub printPDF()
For n = 5 To 15
RollNo = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(n, "A")
StudentName = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(n, "C")
Sheets("Results").Cells(13, "M") = RollNo
Next
Sheet7.ExportAsFixedFormat xlTypePDF, "C:\result\" & RollNo & "-" & StudentName & ".pdf", , , False, , , False
End Sub

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
this small VBA Chunk iterates from roll no 1 to last i(collecting data from sheet1 and getting results.
but unfortunately, it prints only the last result instead of all the iterated results.
All I want is just to export all the iterated results into a single pdf file on the said path.

VBA Code:
Sub printPDF()
For n = 5 To 15
RollNo = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(n, "A")
StudentName = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(n, "C")
Sheets("Results").Cells(13, "M") = RollNo
Next
Sheet7.ExportAsFixedFormat xlTypePDF, "C:\result\" & RollNo & "-" & StudentName & ".pdf", , , False, , , False
End Sub
Returning to your OP, try this macro.
VBA Code:
Public Sub Create_PDF()

Dim PDFsheets As String
    Dim n As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

PDFsheets = ""
    For n = 5 To 8
        Worksheets("Results").Range("M13").Value = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(n, "A").Value
        Worksheets("Results").Copy After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)
        PDFsheets = PDFsheets & ActiveSheet.Name & ","
    Next

Worksheets(Split(Left(PDFsheets, Len(PDFsheets) - 1), ",")).Select

ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ThisWorkbook.Path & "\All Results.pdf", _
        Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

MsgBox "Created " & ThisWorkbook.Path & "\All Results.pdf"

End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
@John_w Perfact :)
everything working perfactly as expected.
Is it possible that it may ignore Blank Sheets. Please

Thanks

Upvote 0
Which are the blank sheets?
I have a list for 50 entries maximum. Every class have different number of students and every class have different strength.
When it starts from Roll No 1 to n...
It creates single sheet of 50 pages out of which only 23 have data(as I told earlier. For example if strength is 23)
For example there are 23 students enrolled in class. Now I am getting single pdf file of 50 pages out of which only 23 are filled with data and rest 27 are blank.
I hope you understand

Upvote 0
Hi amkkhan,

use

VBA Code:
For lngRow = 5 To Sheets("Award List").Range("C56").End(xlUp).Row

Holger

Upvote 0
I have a list for 50 entries maximum. Every class have different number of students and every class have different strength.
It creates single sheet of 50 pages out of which only 23 have data(as I told earlier. For example if strength is 23)
For example there are 23 students enrolled in class. Now I am getting single pdf file of 50 pages out of which only 23 are filled with data and rest 27 are blank.
I hope you understand
Please upload a sample workbook (with dummy data if necessary) to a file sharing site and post the link here so I can see what is happening and I'll try to fix it.

Upvote 0
Looking at your uploaded workbook - thanks @HaHoBe.

You need to be more precise when talking about 'single sheet', 'pages' and 'blank'. With roll numbers 33 and higher, the "Result_Card" sheet isn't blank, because it still has all the row and column headings, etc., only the data cells are empty.

Try this slightly modified macro, which loops through rows 5 to 54 on the "Award List" sheet and if the column C cell (Name) isn't empty updates M13 on the "Result_Card" sheet to generate the result for that roll no. and copies the "Result_Card" sheet for later exporting to the single PDF file.

VBA Code:
Public Sub Create_PDF()

Dim PDFsheets As String
    Dim n As Long

PDFsheets = ""
    For n = 5 To 54
        If Not IsEmpty(Worksheets("Award List").Cells(n, "C").Value) Then
            Worksheets("Result_Card").Range("M13").Value = Worksheets("Award List").Cells(n, "A").Value
            Worksheets("Result_Card").Copy After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)
        End If
    Next

ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ThisWorkbook.Path & "\All Results.pdf", _
        Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False

End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Looking at your uploaded workbook - thanks @HaHoBe.

You need to be more precise when talking about 'single sheet', 'pages' and 'blank'. With roll numbers 33 and higher, the "Result_Card" sheet isn't blank, because it still has all the row and column headings, etc., only the data cells are empty.

Try this slightly modified macro, which loops through rows 5 to 54 on the "Award List" sheet and if the column C cell (Name) isn't empty updates M13 on the "Result_Card" sheet to generate the result for that roll no. and copies the "Result_Card" sheet for later exporting to the single PDF file.

VBA Code:
Public Sub Create_PDF()

Dim PDFsheets As String
    Dim n As Long

PDFsheets = ""
    For n = 5 To 54
        If Not IsEmpty(Worksheets("Award List").Cells(n, "C").Value) Then
            Worksheets("Result_Card").Range("M13").Value = Worksheets("Award List").Cells(n, "A").Value
            Worksheets("Result_Card").Copy After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)
        End If
    Next

End Sub
Perfact :) . Everything is working as expected.
Bundle of Thanks to @HaHoBe and @John_w . Your help mean a lot to me
I am really really grateful to you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back