VBA 424 Code error

Florida1510

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone could assist me. I'm trying to figure out why I keep getting a 424 error on this line of code. I have spent several hours trying to troubleshoot it on my own with no luck. I'm hoping someone here might be able to assist me. I have attached a screenshot of my screen. Thank you in advance this group is awesome👍

Line of code with 424 error
Set nextrec = Sheet3.Range("A1048576").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

Full set of code:
Sub RecordofInvoice()

Dim invno As Long
Dim custname As String
Dim amt As Currency
Dim dt_issue As Date
Dim term As Byte
Dim nextrec As Range

invno = Range("C3")
custname = Range("B10")
amt = Range("I36")
dt_issue = Range("C5")
term = Range("C6")

Set nextrec = Sheet3.Range("A1048576").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

nextrec.Value = invno
nextrec.Offset(0, 1) = custname
nextrec.Offset(0, 2) = amt
nextrec.Offset(0, 3) = dt_issue
nextrec.Offset(0, 4) = dt_issue + term

End Sub

Thanks Owen

Attachments

• 424 Error.png
    424 Error.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Any merged cells, protected cells, or hidden cells in column A on Sheet3?
Can you tell us where the data resides in column A on that sheet (which rows actually contain data)?

Upvote 0
Any merged cells, protected cells, or hidden cells in column A on Sheet3?
Can you tell us where the data resides in column A on that sheet (which rows actually contain data)?
Noting Merged on that tab of the spreadsheet. I can send the spreadsheet to you if you would like to see it. It's a template with no client data on it.

Upvote 0
I think I see the issue - you stored the code in your Personal Macro Workbook and not in the workbook you are using.
So when you say "Sheet3", I think it is trying to locate in in the Personal Macro Workbook, and it is not finding it.
I have never tried storing VBA code in the Personal Macro Workbook that spans multiple sheets before. I will need to play around with it when I get a chance.

Upvote 1
Solution
Noting Merged on that tab of the spreadsheet. I can send the spreadsheet to you if you would like to see it. It's a template with no client data on it.
If its a template, why is the code stored in the Personal Macro Workbook and not in the file itself?
Code in the Personal Macro Workbook is only in your computer, and will not travel with the file if other people try to use it.

Upvote 0
Joe,
I didn't answer all of your questions yes on the Invoice Template tab the data going in column A (PO No. is being pulled from a merged field. Not sure if that makes a difference.
If its a template, why is the code stored in the Personal Macro Workbook and not in the file itself?
Code in the Personal Macro Workbook is only in your computer, and will not travel with the file if other people try to use it.
No it's a template that I will be using to generate invoicing for my clients. The template won't be share with others.

Attachments

• Where the data is coming from.png
    Where the data is coming from.png
    42 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
I think I see the issue - you stored the code in your Personal Macro Workbook and not in the workbook you are using.
So when you say "Sheet3", I think it is trying to locate in in the Personal Macro Workbook, and it is not finding it.
I have never tried storing VBA code in the Personal Macro Workbook that spans multiple sheets before. I will need to play around with it when I get a chance.

Upvote 0
Still think it is best to store the VBA code for the template right in the template itself, and not in the Personal Macro Workbook (which you will lose if you get a new computer).

But this line seems to work:
VBA Code:
Set nextrec = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(3).Range("A1048576").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back