VBA assistance with matching duplicate data in columns and cutting the rows to another sheet

Arc520

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Totally new to VBA and I can't find a solution to the issue stated in the title. I have a spreadsheet that has timestamps in 5 columns AD, AF, AH, AJ and AL. I need to look for matching timestamps in the those columns for each row then move/cut the full rows to another sheet. The rows start at A2 and I do not need the headers, if that matters at all.

If there are any further questions please let me know, I'll do my best to answer them with my very limited knowledge.

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• ExcelAssistance.png
    ExcelAssistance.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 11

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
The objective is not clear, to me at least. Maybe try again to describe it.

I can't promise that I can do this but I'll try. If not me then possibly other people who are smarter about Excel.

And, you'll need to help the helper -- described below -- so they don't have to recreate the data.

Pictures are not very helpful. If the data is not confidential hopefully you could post a link to your workbook. Or you can enter fake-but-realistic data before providing the link. Put the file on Dropbox, Box, 1Drive, Google Drive etc. Use the link icon above the message area.

Or, consider sharing relevant data using Mr Excel's excellent XL2BB addin that enables you to post a portion of a worksheet. See XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode for details.

Upvote 0
OaklandJim,

Thank you for the information and I apologize for the delay in my response.

I've actually gotten a bit further with what I've needed and I'm now on the second issue from my title regarding cutting the rows to the next sheet. I'm using conditional formatting to highlight the matching timestamps and what I'd like to do now is cut all of the rows that are highlighted in yellow (255,255,0) to the next sheet. The timestamps begin in column C and goes through K but the actual data in my real spreadsheet begins in column AD through AL if that matters. If any further information is needed, please let me know.

Thank you again!

Move Highlighted Rows To The Next Sheet

Upvote 0
The data provided in the download file is much different than the data in the picture. So your description of the need is not consistent.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcschafer209

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back