VBA Code to delete Rows with empty rows or spaces will not delete one particular row

OilEconomist

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Thanks in advance for your assistance. My objective is to use VBA to delete rows which are empty/blank or when you remove the spaces, it is blank/empty. It will delete row 4 which has spaces, but it will not delete row 2 which has spaces. This is based on a data set I downloaded. I changed the values in the rows which had values and then in row 4 I inserted blank spaces. Row 2 is the one that has blank spaces in the original data set.

Also, if anyone can resolve this issue, if there is a faster way as this code is very slow.

This is my methodology
(1) Find the last row
(2) Set the range
(3) Within a loop: I check if I trim the cell, and it's empty, I clear the contents (the spaces). The cell now becomes blank
(4) In the Range, if any of the cells are empty/blank, I delete them.

As previously stated, once I trim the cell, and if that trimmed cell is empty/blank, it does not get deleted.

Here is a set of sample data. Check Cell A2 in particular as that is the one that will not delete.

Stocks - Analysis Tool, Sub - 52 Week Lows - (Active).xlsm
A
1Blue
3Black
5White Green
8Yellow Hello here
Sheet5

VBA Code:
Sub TestEmpty()

'_________________________________________________________________________________________________
  'Turn off alerts, screen UDs, and automatic calculation
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.Calculation = xlManual

'_________________________________________________________________________________________________
  'Dim
     Dim LastRow As Long
     Dim aCell As Range, oCell As Range, Rng As Range

'Get last row and set Range
      LastRow = Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=Range("A1"), LookAt:=xlPart, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
             SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, MatchCase:=False).Row
      Set Rng = Range("A1:A" & LastRow)

'Check if blank spaces, and nothing else
      For Each aCell In Rng
        If Trim(Range("A" & aCell.Row)) = "" Then Range("A" & aCell.Row).Clear
      Next

On Error Resume Next
      Rng.Select
      Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete
      Range("A1").Select

'Turn off alerts, screen UDs, and automatic calculation
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.Calculation = xlManual

End Sub

You're Welcome and please do let us know what you find when you check your data.
Thanks @Alex Blakenburg. Although I had only one line with that issue, it worked on my original data set so I marked your solution as correct. If I have any further issues, I will repost the question here or start a new thread. Thanks once again!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
If you can share your workbook via one of the sharing platforms and maybe highlight some of the problem rows, we are happy to take a look. Unfortunately, XL2BB does not seem to transfer some of these irregular characters in their original form.

Upvote 0
If you can share your workbook via one of the sharing platforms and maybe highlight some of the problem rows, we are happy to take a look. Unfortunately, XL2BB does not seem to transfer some of these irregular characters in their original form.
Thanks @Alex Blakenburg. There seems to be only one line with that issue so for now everything looks good.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back