VBA Column Formula Question

zdodson

Board Regular
Hello all,

I am trying to create a VBA userform that creates a composite score based on the data in this userform. The link is to a viewable google doc that has a screen shot of the VBA userform: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3NaddYem8bKN2ZPa1NXVWxIeXc/edit?usp=sharing

The formula is a bit complex. Below is the formula:

=IF(OR($B2="",$C2="",$D2=""),"",SUM(IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B2,$H$2:$K$87,4,FALSE),0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP($C2,$I$2:$K$102,3,FALSE),0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP($D2,$J$2:$K$92,2,TRUE),0)))

Basically, the formula checks to see if all three scores are available before generating a composite score. If all three values are not present, then it will return a blank cell.

Here is what the chart looks like:

DatePull-UpsCrunches3-Mile RunPFT Score
1-Mar-2013151000:19:10269
2-Mar-201316980:19:00273
3-Mar-201320980:18:10297
4-Mar-201320990:18:09299

<tbody>
</tbody>

Now for the question:

How do I create a formula so that when I hit my "Add Data" command button, it generates that composite score using the aforementioned formula? Basically, I need a VBA code that will find the first empty row in the data set, add the data, and then fill in the composite PFT score.

Thanks for your all's help!

Zack

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
What are the names of your TextBoxes? To get the next empty row:

Code:
Dim r As long
r = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1

To get the syntax for your formula record a macro while entering it manually (if it's already entered somewhere just select it and press F2 then Enter).

Upvote 0
What are the names of your TextBoxes? To get the next empty row:

Code:
Dim r As long

To get the syntax for your formula record a macro while entering it manually (if it's already entered somewhere just select it and press F2 then Enter).

Thanks for your advice already!

The names of the text boxes are simple: txtDate, txtPullUps, txtCrunches, txtMile.

Upvote 0
Try:

Code:
Private Sub cmdAddData_Click()
    Dim r As Long
    Range("A" & r).Value = DateValue(txtDate.Text)
    Range("B" & r).Value = Val(txtPullUps.Text)
    Range("C" & r).Value = Val(txtCrunches.Text)
    Range("D" & r).Value = TimeValue(txtMile.Text)
    Range("E" & r).FormulaR1C1 = _
        "=IF(OR(RC2="""",RC3="""",RC4=""""),"""",SUM(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(RC2,R2C8:R87C11,4,FALSE),0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(RC3,R2C9:R102C11,3,FALSE),0),IFERROR(VLOOKUP(RC4,R2C10:R92C11,2,TRUE),0)))"
End Sub

You will probably need to add some error checking, particularly for data and time.

Upvote 0
So what was in txtMile when you got the error? It needs to be a time like 00:18:10.

That must be it. I originally had the column formatted as h:mm:ss because I assumed that I could complete a 3-mile in under two hours :p

I'll make the formatting changes and update you on whether I got it to work.

Cheers,

Zack

Upvote 0
It's currently not putting the formula in the last row of the data set. Once more, it adds zeros in the subsequent row, but only for the first three columns. Would the lack of incorporation of error checking affect that at all?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back