VBA command button

syedmapk

Hello guys,
I am new here and very new to excel, I am currently using excel 2003. I am working on a template that requires a VBA command button "submit". I need to set a macro behind that buttan as every time the button is pressed a file is created in a desiganted folder. Second question is, This template is going to be on a website, is it possible for the macro to still creates a file in the designated folder if the button is pressed anywhere in USA?

I would really appreciate if someone here can help me out with this

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Hello guys,
I am new here and very new to excel, I am currently using excel 2003. I am working on a template that requires a VBA command button "submit". I need to set a macro behind that buttan as every time the button is pressed a file is created in a desiganted folder. Second question is, This template is going to be on a website, is it possible for the macro to still creates a file in the designated folder if the button is pressed anywhere in USA?

I would really appreciate if someone here can help me out with this

Based on the description of the requirement, I believe there is already a button in the Excel application that will do that and it will work anywhere in the USA. The name of the button is SaveAs. Click the Excel Icon and it will be dispalyed. Sorry, xl2003 you would click File>SaveAs

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:) funny one. I apologize. I forgot to mention that this template will be uploaded on a website where other people will fill up the template and once they press submit it will automatically save into my drive via network. For example, I am in New York and some one from Chicago fill up the template and hit submit (in Chicago) rather then him saving as and send me via email, would it be possible to have it saved into my designated folder in my drive with the help of a macro? in other words i need to collect all the data filled out by selected people with in USA who has access to the website.

Upvote 0
I don't believe VBA could do a direct save to your hard drive from a remote user. It could save back to a web page, which you could then down load to your hard drive.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back