VBA Countif Issue with variable formula - too many "??

ddotson

Board Regular
Hey everyone! I have come across an issue I am struggling with. I am looking at a sheet and counting the number of properties associated with a loan. On the sheet, you will have Loan, and if there are multiple properties that secure the Loan, they will be listed below. With that said, I am looping through a page and counting the number of Properties associated with the Loan. I am creating a beginning range variable = BegRange, and and ending range variable = EndRange. So, how this works is, if Line 1 is a Loan, and line, lets say Column B, 2 - 6 are properties, then it will bring back a BegRange of $b$2 and and EndRange of $b$6. Then, I will go back to the BegRange, offset to the row with Loan, and then offset to the column where I want the countif formula to reside. Here lies the problem, my code is not working as is for the CountIf Formula, it seems that I have too many "" in the formula, and it does not know where to stop?? I am not sure how to handle this, but I am sure one of you have seen this in the past, and have a solution. Thanks in advance!!

Do Until ActiveCell.Value = "END"

If ActiveCell.Value = "Property" Then
BegRange = ActiveCell.Address

Do Until ActiveCell.Value = "Loan"

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
'
Loop

ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select
EndRange = ActiveCell.Address

Else

ActiveCell.Offset(0, -24).Select
ActiveCell.Value = "1"

End If

Range(BegRange).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 24).Select
ActiveCell.Formula = "=COUNTIF(" & BegRange & ":" & EndRange & "), "Property")"

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Try this:
Code:
ActiveCell.Formula = "=COUNTIF(" & BegRange & ":" & EndRange & "," & Chr(34) & "Property" & Chr(34) & ")"
Note: Your code will run faster if you get rid of most of your ActiveCell and Select references. They usually are not necessary.
You can loop through the Range your need, or use For ... Next references will Cells(row,column) range references.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back