VBA Error - Class Not Registered

Dave Punky

Board Regular
Hi All,

I'm hoping somebody on here can help me with this as Google has not been very useful at all in trying to solve this.

I'm currently running Windows 7 (Ultimate, 32-bit) along with MS Office 2007 Enterprise and I'm trying to use the ListView functions or the DTPicker. I've enabled MS DAO objects in references but whenever I try to use the custom function to make changes I get this error:

error.jpg

I've only just reimaged my machine along with reinstalling Office, although I was having this problem before. It happens with any additional functions I try to add in, but mainly when I try to access custom functions.

Has anybody else experienced this error or more notably does anybody know how to fix this?

@ rorya

Yep, completely formatted the HDD and installed fresh, so there's no Windows.old file or anything which could be causing this problem.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Hmm, curious. Did you run the command prompt as an administrator when you registered the dll and ocx files?

Upvote 0
@ rorya

Yeah I did, I'm the only user on this machine and I default everything as an admin.

If I try and register Msstkprp.dll, because it's not finding it it won't register at all but everything else will register without issue.

Upvote 0
Oh - I thought you said you had downloaded it?

Upvote 0
I have although the ones I have downloaded just dont activate - although I just managed to activate it and it seems to be working - restarting the machine after putting the file in the directory and then activating it seems to make all the difference.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glatortue

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back