VBA for Ordering List

jay_hl

Hello

I have a large table containing 5000 products down the left side, and 100 stores across the top. The number in the table, is the quality of products to order for that particular store.

To upload the order to the system I need a flat list of only those items which need ordering. I have given simplified structures of both the input matrix, and output needed. (PCS is always the same and standard).

Hope someone can help produce something which creates the example in columns J to M

Thanks in advance

Jay

1713433572920.png

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Which version of Excel are you using?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. The latest M365 version.
Would you be interested in a formula solution? However, there's a character limit so I'm not sure it'll work on the size of your data. If it doesn't work we can proceed to VBA.

Upvote 0
Try:
Book1
CDEFGHIJKL
3Store 1Store 2
4Item 11Store 1Item 11
5Item 224Store 1Item 22
6Item 3Store 1Item 42
7Item 425Store 1Item 51
8Item 513Store 1Item 73
9Item 62Store 2Item 24
10Item 73Store 2Item 45
11Item 85Store 2Item 53
12Store 2Item 62
13Store 2Item 85
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
J4:L13J4=LET(t,SORT(TEXTSPLIT(TEXTJOIN(",",,TOCOL(F3:G3 & "|" & C4:C11 & "|" & F4:G11)),"|",",")),FILTER(t,CHOOSECOLS(t,3)<>""))
Dynamic array formulas.

Upvote 0
Thanks
Try:
Book1
CDEFGHIJKL
3Store 1Store 2
4Item 11Store 1Item 11
5Item 224Store 1Item 22
6Item 3Store 1Item 42
7Item 425Store 1Item 51
8Item 513Store 1Item 73
9Item 62Store 2Item 24
10Item 73Store 2Item 45
11Item 85Store 2Item 53
12Store 2Item 62
13Store 2Item 85
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
J4:L13J4=LET(t,SORT(TEXTSPLIT(TEXTJOIN(",",,TOCOL(F3:G3 & "|" & C4:C11 & "|" & F4:G11)),"|",",")),FILTER(t,CHOOSECOLS(t,3)<>""))
Dynamic array formulas.
for your efforts Cubist. As suspected its giving a #Calc error when expanded to the full range, so does seems to be hitting the character limit you suggested.

Secondly I also realise I might have over simplified my original ask. Many of the cells in the input matrix actually have 0 in the quantities, which need to be ignored in the output. I had missed this as the format of the cells doesnt show zeros, however upon checking, technically the cell does contain 0. The output for upload to the ordering system only needs to contain > 0 quantities.

Appreciate your efforts on this.

Upvote 0
If so, can you provide a more representative sample of your data? How is it actually lay out on the sheet? Where do you want the output to go (Note the output is 5,000 x 100 = 500K row)?

Upvote 0
If so, can you provide a more representative sample of your data? How is it actually lay out on the sheet? Where do you want the output to go (Note the output is 5,000 x 100 = 500K row)?

Thanks for your help here Cubist. Tried to explain in the below a bit more.

I checked again and the Item range are approx 2500 (with some blanks to add new future products to), and the same with the stores which is 35 columns including blanks for new future entires. There are a lot of other data between B and BE, hence the stores ordering start in Column BF, with Store titles in row 5.

The Order Output (which should be copied values into a new tab) is only a list where quantities to order in the matrix is > 0. So it wouldnt be a full 2500 x 35 list with every combination.

It also only needs to copy data where the Item and Store name cell isnt blank. Usually there are about 50 items ordered per store, as the full 2500 item catalogue has a lot of legacy products. So the Order list would be more like 50 products and currently 20 active stores = 1000 entries.

Hope that helps, and thanks again.

1713503392756.png

Upvote 0
@jay_hl, try this:
I put the result in sheet2.
VBA Code:
Sub jay_hl_1()
Dim i As Long, j As Long, n As Long, k As Long, p As Long
Dim va, vb, vc

n = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
va = Range("A5:A" & n)
p = Cells(5, "CO").End(xlToLeft).Column
vb = Range(Cells(5, "BF"), Cells(n, p))
ReDim vc(1 To 500000, 1 To 4)
For j = 1 To UBound(vb, 2)
    For i = 2 To UBound(vb, 1)
        If vb(i, j) > 0 Then
            k = k + 1
            vc(k, 1) = vb(1, j)
            vc(k, 2) = va(i, 1)
            vc(k, 3) = "PCS"
            vc(k, 4) = vb(i, j)
        End If
    Next
Next

'put the result in sheet2
Sheets("Sheet2").Activate
Range("A:D").ClearContents
Range("A3").Resize(k, 4) = vc

End Sub

In your example in post #9, Range H5:K5 is really blank, right? there is no word "(blank)" in it?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back