VBA Help - When max char limit is reached, place text in next row below.

noveske

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
I want to place a larger body of text in A1 on Sheet1. With the cells having a 110 character limit. Once reached, I want to continue breaking the body of text into 110 chars and placed in the cell below.
So far I have done this successfully, but I need the words to stay together and not get cut off. I'm sure the code I am using is the worst way to do it. So would like to start from scratch.

I've spent so much time and I finally broke to ask for help.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Et voluptates molestiae quo voluptas illum ut distinctio iusto et cumque labore vel repellendus dolorem. Et laborum esse At galisum voluptatum quo iusto voluptatem. Aut numquam repellat ad saepe possimus et labore dolorum ut quasi distinctio. Qui earum nostrum qui consequatur ipsa ut inventore repellendus alias aspernatur aut quis molestiae ea rerum beatae.

A1Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Et voluptates molestiae quo voluptas illum ut distinctio iusto et cumque
A2labore vel repellendus dolorem. Et laborum esse At galisum voluptatum quo iusto voluptatem. Aut numquam
A3repellat ad saepe possimus et labore dolorum ut quasi distinctio. Qui earum nostrum qui consequatur ipsa ut
A4inventore repellendus alias aspernatur aut quis molestiae ea rerum beatae.

This is what I am using:
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)        Dim r%, c%, x%, iPos%, iOffset%, length%    Dim strOriginal$, strExtract$    Const CHARS_COUNT% = 110        If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub        On Error GoTo MACROS_FAIL        Application.EnableEvents = False        strOriginal = Target.value    length = Len(strOriginal)    r = Target.Row - 1: c = Target.Column    iPos = 1        If length > CHARS_COUNT Then        While iPos <= length            strExtract = Mid$(strOriginal, iPos, CHARS_COUNT)            x = x + 1            If x > 3 Then                x = 0: iOffset = 1            Else                iOffset = 1            End If            r = r + iOffset            Cells(r, c) = strExtract            iPos = iPos + CHARS_COUNT        Wend    End If        Application.EnableEvents = True     Exit Sub MACROS_FAIL:    Application.EnableEvents = True    MsgBox "Error:" & Chr(10) & Err.Description, vbCritical     End Sub

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvine

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back