VBA Hiding and displaying slicers

chipgiii

Board Regular
I am trying provide the ability to hide and show slicers using a check box. And for some reason it not working? Not very good, no I am horrible in VBA, so the question may be a dumb one. Here is what I have:

Code:
Sub HideShowObjects()  If ActiveSheet.Range("AF1").Value Then
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("Region").Visible = True
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("2014 Carryover").Visible = True
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("Capitalized 2015 USD").Visible = True
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("Sub Function 1").Visible = True
  Else
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("Region").Visible = False
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("2014 Carryover").Visible = False
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("Capitalized 2015 USD").Visible = False
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("Sub Function 1").Visible = False

End If
End Sub

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Reggie74

Board Regular
The BIG question i have is .... What is in Range("AF1") ?? :confused:

I am trying provide the ability to hide and show slicers using a check box. And for some reason it not working? Not very good, no I am horrible in VBA, so the question may be a dumb one. Here is what I have:

Code:
Sub HideShowObjects()  If ActiveSheet.Range("AF1").Value Then
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("Region").Visible = True
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("2014 Carryover").Visible = True
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("Capitalized 2015 USD").Visible = True
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("Sub Function 1").Visible = True
  Else
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("Region").Visible = False
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("2014 Carryover").Visible = False
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("Capitalized 2015 USD").Visible = False
       ActiveSheet.Shapes("Sub Function 1").Visible = False

End If
End Sub

chipgiii

Board Regular
Sorry Reggie,

In AF1 I have it showing True/False based on a "Check Box" that returns True and False. So checking it (True) on it should hide shapes, and Un-checking return shapes.

Reggie74

Board Regular
Try this ... ??

Code:
Sub HideShowObjects()
  If ActiveSheet.Range("AF1").Value = "False" Then

Or perhaps this ... ??

Code:
Sub HideShowObjects()
  If ActiveSheet.Range("AF1").Value = False Then

Sorry Reggie,

In AF1 I have it showing True/False based on a "Check Box" that returns True and False. So checking it (True) on it should hide shapes, and Un-checking return shapes.

chipgiii

Board Regular

ADVERTISEMENT

This is weird. Those two choices didn't work either. It seems the code is not reacting to the checking of the box. I don't understand why, as I have used this same code in the past with a checkbox. I've review everything I can think of and just don't see any reason for it not to work.

Reggie74

Board Regular
What about ? ....

Code:
Sub HideShowObjects()
  If ActiveSheet.Range("AF1").Value = 0 Then

This is weird. Those two choices didn't work either. It seems the code is not reacting to the checking of the box. I don't understand why, as I have used this same code in the past with a checkbox. I've review everything I can think of and just don't see any reason for it not to work.

chipgiii

Board Regular
I have the file I used to use and it still works that's what is puzzling me. It is as if the code is not seeing or reacting to the check box and the true/false it enters in the cell. I've checked the cell many times to make sure the actual cell and the one in the code are the same. I can hit F5 in the code and it works. The problem is I want the end user to simply hit the check box and the designated boxes disappear and come back when checked. He does not use excel much so I need to keep it simple. I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I have a feeling it is something really minor, but who knows.

chipgiii

Board Regular
I figured it out. After reviewing my work, I realized I never right clicked on the check box and assigned it to the macro. Feelin' a bit dumb.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KT50

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...