VBA IIF statement in Access

jmoney30

Office Version
  1. 2016
Hi,

I'm trying to do a multi condtion IIF statment and I keep getting error 3075 (missing operator). Please see my syntax
IIf(Count(Factor1.Factor) = 1, Temp.Value*Sum(Factor1.Factor), IIf(Count(Factor1.Factor) = 2 And Temp.Vendor =YYYY , Temp.Value*Max(Factor1.Factor),Null) As [Value]. I'm nut sure if it is missing parenthesis or qoutes around text field. I tried adding both but it still errors. If there's a better way using switch or fixing this would be a great help.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Hi,
Have you tested
Excel Formula:
IIf(Count(Factor1.Factor) = 1, Temp.Value * Sum(Factor1.Factor), _
IIf(Count(Factor1.Factor) = 2 And Temp.Vendor = YYYY, Temp.Value * Max(Factor1.Factor), Null))

Upvote 0
I'll try and see if it works. The Temp.Vendor = YYYY is actually a string field for a name and not a date field. Should I put for example Temp.Vendor = "JOHN"? When I do this in VBA I get the end of statment error. I added more qoutes to escape it but it didn't work.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,
Have you tested
Excel Formula:
IIf(Count(Factor1.Factor) = 2 And Temp.Vendor = YYYY, Temp.Value * Max(Factor1.Factor), Null))
Hi I tried that and I get the same error

Upvote 0
Are you trying to do this in a calculated field in an Access Query/Table?

If so, note that those functions are only applied to the single individual record, and not all records in the entire query/table.
MAX, COUNT, and SUM are aggregate functions that are typically used in aggregate queries (or SQL code), and not used much in calculated fields (because they usually don't yield the desired result).

Also, what exactly is YYYY here?
Rich (BB code):
Temp.Vendor = YYYY
If you are checking for a hard-coded value of "YYYY", you need to enclose it in double-quotes.
Otherwise it is looking for a field named YYYY.

You might be better off removing this calculated field for now, posting the SQL code of your query here (switch to SQL View), showing us a small sample of data being returned by the query, and telling us exactly what you are hoping to return.

Upvote 0
Its VBA code using SQL to do the calculated value base on which condition is meet. The code works if it is based on only one condition but when I try the multi condition based on how I normally write it it says it's missing a parameter. I think it is something with commas or parentheses. I shouldn't wrote YYYY because it is confusing it is a string field but when I add the double quotes the VBA code reads it as an end of statment and throws an error.

Upvote 0
Its VBA code using SQL to do the calculated value base on which condition is meet. The code works if it is based on only one condition but when I try the multi condition based on how I normally write it it says it's missing a parameter. I think it is something with commas or parentheses. I shouldn't wrote YYYY because it is confusing it is a string field but when I add the double quotes the VBA code reads it as an end of statment and throws an error.
Can you post that full section of VBA code where you are applying it to SQL, posting the single condition version which is currently working for you?

Upvote 0
Hi,
I got it to work. I had an extra parenthesis in the code. I had
IIf(Count((Factor1.Factor) = 2 And Temp.Vendor = SSSS, Temp.Value * Max(Factor1.Factor), Null))

and it should've been

IIf(Count(Factor1.Factor) = 2 And Temp.Vendor = SSS, Temp.Value * Max(Factor1.Factor), Null))

I inadvertently added the extra parenthesis.

Thanks,

Upvote 0
Solution
Excellent!
I am glad you were able to figure it out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back