VBA/Macro to update excel 2007 web query

vishp127

Hi Guys Good Evening,

I am completely out-of-energy, looking for an answer to my questions on internet since last one week. Found few of those. Since I am a non-IT person, I was not able to find/identify the complex ones. please help me.

Question - 1
The columns B, C, D and E has a web query data, Whenever I press REFRESH button from DATA tab, it takes around 7-10 seconds to update. Currently there are no macros or VB scripts in this excel 2007 workbook. The only column that I am after is C. There is no limit to the total number of rows, as it gets added/deleted frequently. This workbook has only one worksheet.

What I want to do - When I open this workbook everyday in the morning, I want to press the START button to get the web query updated (currently it takes around 7-10 seconds at the moment), Once it gets updated, Immediately the cell values from column C should copy (that's copy, and not cut) over to column G (I repeat, G).

I want the above process to keep on repeating itself, until I press the STOP button.

Question - 2
In the same worksheet, column K has an extracted text values. I want to highlight the cell color (i.e. light skyblue) as long as a particular text remains in that column for more than 11 seconds. Once the text looses its position from column K, the 11 seconds countdown will re-start again for any re-entry in the future. For example, item1 got extracted in column K, at 11th second, it should get highlighted. Now at 15th seconds it looses its position from column K, so any re-entry in the future will trigger 11 seconds countdown again for item1.

It would be great if by clicking START and STOP button, both procedures (Question-1 and Question-2) would start and end at the same time. Otherwise I am happy to run it separately.

Regards
vishp127

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COOT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back