VBA Newbie Trying to Build a Financial Tracker

reberryjr

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm teaching myself VBA, using Excel 2010 and have come up against a brick wall. I have a workbook with 4 sheets.
ws1 = Bios (holds generic info such as DoB, Email)
ws2 = Stats (holds physical measurements such as height, weight, bicep, thigh, etc)
ws3 = Services (holds Status, Start Date, First Payment Date, Payment Amount, Payment Frequency and End Date)
ws4 = Payments (doesn't hold anything material at the moment)

The app is currently set up so that Clients get added and updated via UserForms. Ideally what I'd like to happen is, the Payments tab get automatically updated when a payment is due. In my mind, it would leverage the Status from the Services tab (which is determined by a formula based on the Start and End dates) against the First Payment Date, Payment Amount and Payment Frequency. So, if the First Payment Date is 12/1/17, the Payment Amount is $200 and the Payment Frequency is Bi-Weekly; when 12/1/17 hits, there is a row that shows a $100 payment is due. When 12/15/17 hits, another $100 payment is due.

To further complicate matters, Clients can sign up for different services, at different times and amounts; paying at different frequencies.

As I said, I'm teaching myself VBA (through trial and error, books and forums), but my lack of understanding of VBA's capabilities has me stuck on the best way to go about this. Access is probably a better tool to use, but my work discourages the use of Access, so this was a good opportunity to learn.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
@Fluff you were very helpful on a separate issue with the same application. Would you happen to have any thoughts on this issue? I'm basically at a stand still until this is resolved.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap N

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back