VBA PrintOut to PDF

Pinaceous

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Day Everyone,

I'm working with a sub that accesses the PrintOut feature below but I'd like to see if I can use this PrintOut feature onto a PDF.

VBA Code:
Dim rngPrint As Range
Set rngPrint = Range("A1:S42")
rngPrint.PrintOut

Please let me know because I cannot figure it out.

Thank you!
pinaceous

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
VBA Code:
    Range("A1:S42").ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\Range.pdf", _
        Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False

Upvote 0
VBA Code:
    Range("A1:S42").ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\Range.pdf", _
        Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False
Wow John_w!

That is fantastic!

How would you add "yyyymmdd\_hhmm" to the "Range.pdf" title?

Thank you!
pinaceous

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if the \ in "yyyymmdd\_hhmm" is a typo, because that character is a folder separator and can't be used in a file name.

VBA Code:
    Range("A1:S42").ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\Range" & Format(Now, "yyyymmdd_hhmm") & ".pdf", _

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if the \ in "yyyymmdd\_hhmm" is a typo, because that character is a folder separator and can't be used in a file name.

VBA Code:
    Range("A1:S42").ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\Range" & Format(Now, "yyyymmdd_hhmm") & ".pdf", _
Wow thanks John_w!

Upvote 0
Hi John_w,

I am curious. How would I combine two of these subs together with different ranges?

For example, if I have the sub:

VBA Code:
Range("A246:S292").ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\RANGE.pdf", _

and

VBA Code:
Range("A293:S339").ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\RANGE.pdf", _

In using the first sub's Range("A246:S292") it produces a pdf with the page break ending at line 292. But when I combine them together such as in Range("A246:S2339") the page break ends at line 317.

So, my question is how do I combine both subs together in respecting their original page breaks onto one pdf?

Please let me know if you need my question clarified.

Thank you!
pinaceous

Upvote 0
VBA Code:
Range("A246:S292,A293:S339").ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\RANGE.pdf", _
Should start the second range on a new page in the same PDF.

Upvote 1
VBA Code:
Range("A246:S292,A293:S339").ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\RANGE.pdf", _
Should start the second range on a new page in the same PDF.
Hi John_w!

Yes, this worked and I appreciate your post!

R/
pinaceous

Upvote 0
Hey John_w!

I have a continued question on this thread, if you're interested. How do I make the Range take up the space of the pdf page? For example, currently when I chose a range it shrinks the information upon the pdf page(s).

Capture2.PNG

How would I provide the Range to take up the entire length (space) of that pdf page?

Curious, please let me know when you get a chance!

Respectfully,
pinaceous

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back