VBA Script to automatically copy & paste data from multiple worksheets to a master sheet

steve2115

Board Regular
Looking for a vba script to automatically copy & paste data from multiple worksheets to a master sheet named Returns. The data that I need to copy resides in columns A through N on multiples sheets. These sheet names are Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec. However I do not want to copy the header row for each so Row1 on each of these sheets should be excluded. Also, I want to exclude all row data that has "GR for acc.assgt rev"
in column C of all sheets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Just ran the code...Good news for row 2..it copied and pasted it this time..
Bad news is when the data is pasted to "Return" it's showing blank rows between the data points.

Jan sheet has 27 rows - (pasted to rows 2 through 28 on Return sheet)
(rows 29 through 859 are blank)
Feb sheet has 27 rows - (pasted to row 860 through 886 on Return sheet)

Note: all of the other sheets (Mar-Dec) are completely blank on this test template.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I am testing it with blank sheets on Mar - Dec as well so I am getting header rows showing.

In tests the only way I get the results of not deleting rows are if a row only appears to be blank, but does have a space in it. If you go to the Jan sheet and select cell A2 and press Ctrl+[down arrow] does it go to row 28 or row 859? If there is a hidden character in a cell then it is still filled and as such we would have to approach it differently.

Upvote 0
With a bit of tweaking I got it to work. Thanks for all your help on this. This will save several people from pulling their hair out. I added a secondary filter to get rid of the header rows that were comiong over onto the Returns sheet. I was able to modify the formula in column A on the Jan-Dec sheets so that the code would handle it cleaner.

Here is the code that I ended up with.

Sub DetailConsolidation()
Dim WS As Worksheet, WS1 As Worksheet, WB As Workbook
Dim MyArray, x As Long
MyArray = Array("Jan", "Feb", "Mar", "Apr", "May", "Jun", "Jul", "Aug", "Sep", "Oct", "Nov", "Dec")
Set WS1 = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Returns")
For x = 0 To 11
Set WS = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(MyArray(x))
WS.Range("A1:N" & WS.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row).Copy WS1.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
Next
If WorksheetFunction.CountIf(WS1.Range("C:C"), "GR for acc.assgt rev") > 0 Then
WS1.Range("A2", WS1.Cells(Rows.Count, "n").End(xlUp)).AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="GR for acc.assgt rev"
WS1.Range("A2", WS1.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Delete
WS1.Range("A2").AutoFilter
End If

If WorksheetFunction.CountIf(WS1.Range("C:C"), "Vendor Material Number") > 0 Then
WS1.Range("A2", WS1.Cells(Rows.Count, "n").End(xlUp)).AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="Vendor Material Number"
WS1.Range("A2", WS1.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Delete
WS1.Range("A2").AutoFilter
End If
If WorksheetFunction.CountBlank(WS1.Range("A1", WS1.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp))) > 0 Then
WS1.Range("A1", WS1.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete
End If
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvine

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back