VBA Split Macro for Specific Sheet Names is being weird as heck!

cutemeatball

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So I use this macro below to split my workbook into different workbooks depending on sheet names. However, only my last one SplitDAS does not work whenever I use SplitTechnologies Macro (the first one that runs the other 4 macros). I checked sheet names 100 times. And I found out that if I just run the SplitDAS macro (the last one) separately from SplitTechnologies Macro, it will work. Anyone know why? The error is a subscript out of range 9 window that highlights my first VBA code line in SplitDAS.

Any help or measures appreciated!

Thanks!

VBA Code:
Sub SplitTechnologies()
'change macro names to suit

Call SplitButch
Call SplitAV
Call SplitDAS
Call SplitSEC

End Sub

Sub SplitButch()
'
' SplitSheets Macro
'

'
    Sheets(Array("Security", "AV", "Wireless", "SEC & AV", "Security RSS", "AV RSS", _
        "SEC & AV RSS", "AV Divison", "Wireless Division")).Select
    Sheets(Array("Security", "AV", "Wireless", "SEC & AV", "Security RSS", "AV RSS", _
        "SEC & AV RSS", "AV Divison", "Wireless Division")).Copy
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
        "C:\Users\e237915\Desktop\Security AV DAS ALL\SEC AV DAS.xlsx", FileFormat:= _
        xlOpenXMLWorkbook, CreateBackup:=False

End Sub

Sub SplitAV()
'
' SplitSheets Macro
'

'
    Sheets(Array("AV", "AV RSS", "AV Divison")).Select
    Sheets(Array("AV", "AV RSS", "AV Divison")).Copy
        "C:\Users\e237915\Desktop\Security AV DAS ALL\AV.xlsx", FileFormat:= _
End Sub

Sub SplitSEC()
'
' SplitSheets Macro
'

'
    Sheets(Array("Security", "Security RSS")).Select
    Sheets(Array("Security", "Security RSS")).Copy
        "C:\Users\e237915\Desktop\Security AV DAS ALL\SEC.xlsx", FileFormat:= _
End Sub

Sub SplitDAS()
'
' SplitSheets Macro
'

'
Sheets(Array("Wireless", "Burkhart", "Barnhill", "Allen", "Finger", "McCallum", "Wireless Division")).Select
Sheets(Array("Wireless", "Burkhart", "Barnhill", "Allen", "Finger", "McCallum", "Wireless Division")).Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Users\e237915\Desktop\Security AV DAS ALL\DAS.xlsx", FileFormat:=xlOpenXMLWorkbook, CreateBackup:=False
End Sub

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
I think this is the common problem. During execution, active workbook change whenever you open or save workbook. Since the macro only refers to sheet name but no workbook reference, it will look for the sheet name in whichever active workbook at that time.

During SplitBunch, you select sheets Security, AV, Wireless, SEC & AV, Security RSS, AV RSS, SEC & AV RSS, AV Divison as save it as a new workbook. Now, new active workbook is this newly created workbook.

You run SplitAV and it is selecting sheets AV, AV RSS, AV Divison from new active workbook. No problem because all those sheet are in the new workbook. NOw active workbook switched to this newly created workbook that contains sheets AV, AV RSS, AV Divison only.

When macro try to run SplitDAS, it was trying to select sheets Wireless, Burkhart, Barnhill, Allen, Finger, McCallum, Wireless Division which cannot be found. That caused the error.

Avoid using Activate if possible. Defining variables make it easy to write code. Example

VBA Code:
Dim ws1 As Worksheet
Dim wb As Workbook

Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
Set ws1 = wb.Sheets("Sheet1")    ' Change accordingly. Just need to use ws1 to refer to this specific sheet in macro if you need it.

'Instead of
wb.Sheets(Array("Security", "AV", "Wireless", "SEC & AV", "Security RSS", "AV RSS", _

'use
wb.Sheets(Array("Security", "AV", "Wireless", "SEC & AV", "Security RSS", "AV RSS", _
    wb.SaveAs Filename:= _

This way the macro will refer to the original workbook you work on. No need to reactivate

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back