VBA that will copy values from one sheet to several sheets

Ron512

Board Regular
Hi, your assistance please. I have a workbook with a sheet named “List” and several other sheets. Sheet List has values in column B that I want copied to cell D2 on all the sheet in the workbook that follows the sheet List.

For example, the value in the sheet List cell B1 is copied to cell D2 in the first sheet after List, the value in B2 is copied to cell D2 in the next sheet. That will continue until for all sheets.

Thanks
Ron

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Here is how would do it without using a macro:
- Copy the cells in column B of sheet 'List' then
- Select the first tab on the right of List then
- hold down CTRL key then
- Right-Click a tab then
- choose Select All Tabs then
- Click the 'List's tab to unselect it then
- release CTRL key and finally
- Paste in D2 of a selected sheet.

Upvote 0
If you are still looking for vba code, you could try:

VBA Code:
Public Sub copyValues()

Dim columnArray As Variant
    Dim i, j As Integer

For i = 1 To Sheets.Count

If Sheets(i).Name = "List" Then

columnArray = Sheets(i).Range("B1:B" & Sheets(i).Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row)

For j = LBound(columnArray) To UBound(columnArray)

Sheets(i + j).Range("D2").Value = columnArray(j, 1)

Next j

Exit For

End If

Next i

End Sub

I have not added any error checks that may include if there are more cells in the B column, of the Lists worksheet, than the number of worksheets that follow it.

Upvote 0
Farscape2020,

Thanks for the quick reply. It works perfectly although I have a change. I’m not familiar with array coding so I’m having trouble adjusting the code myself.
The copy to each of the sheets will be implemented after a sheet call “Index”. There could be sheets before and after the Index sheet.

Ron

Upvote 0
Farscape2020,

Thanks for the quick reply. It works perfectly although I have a change. I’m not familiar with array coding so I’m having trouble adjusting the code myself.
The copy to each of the sheets will be implemented after a sheet call “Index”. There could be sheets before and after the Index sheet.

Ron
Hi Ron,

The code provided will begin iterating through the worksheets until it identifies the worksheet named "List" (or you can change the name to index). Once it identifies this worksheet, it creates an array of the values in column B. As it iterates through this array, it will add the value in cell B1 to cell D2 in the first sheet after the "List" worksheet. Then it will add the value in B2 to cell D2 in the second worksheet after the "List" worksheet. The value in B3 will be added to D2 in the third worksheet after the "List" worksheet, and so on. If there are worksheets before the "List" worksheet then the macro will ignore them. The only thing I did not account for was what would happen if there are not the correct number of worksheets after the "List" worksheet. For instance, in the "List" worksheet, column B has 5 values but there are only four worksheets after the "List" worksheet. Do you forsee this being an issue?

Upvote 0
Hey Farscape2020,

Thanks for the additional information. I was not clear in my description.
An example of a workbook the sheets would be laid out as such:
List, Sheet1, Sheet2, Index, Sheet3, Sheet4
The copy would take place in the sheets always after the sheet “Index”. I was planning to make the change after getting a start from the experts on this forum although the array code threw me off. I was able to adjusted your code to work with a Sheet named Index. The code is below. Although it works, I am open to a critique and recommendations on improving. I will add in error checking.

Ron

Code:
Public Sub copyValues()
Dim columnArray As Variant
Dim i, j As Integer
Dim IndexSht As Integer

For i = 1 To Sheets.Count

IndexSht = Sheets("Index").Index + 1

If Sheets(i).Name = "List" Then

columnArray = Sheets(i).Range("B1:B" & Sheets(i).Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row)

For j = LBound(columnArray) To UBound(columnArray)

Sheets(IndexSht).Range("D2").Value = columnArray(j, 1)

IndexSht = IndexSht + 1

Next j

Exit For

End If

Next i

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back