VBA to change the text colour in a shape

cjcass

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have entered some VBA (by right clicking the wksheet tab) to change the fill colour of a shape based on a cell value, as follows...

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Address = "$E$8" Then
Select Case Target.Value
Case Is = "Full"
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Select
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(0, 118, 115)
End Select
End If

Q: What script would I need to type into this to also change the colour of the text in Rectangle 1, to say RGB(255, 255, 255)..?

Many thanks,
Chris

Yes, I have a large spreadsheet with lots of 'button driven' macros within, other worksheets also have event codes in them - how could I check for interference? are event codes worksheet specific?
Rgds,

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Yes, I have a large spreadsheet with lots of 'button driven' macros within, other worksheets also have event codes in them - how could I check for interference? are event codes worksheet specific?
There are two kinds of event code... sheet specific (double-click a sheet name in the Project Window) and workbook wide (double-click the ThisWorkbook item in the Project Window). The sheet specific ones are, well, sheet specific, but if you have formulas on other sheets that include cell reference on a specific sheet, then that specific sheet's event code could theoretically influence happenings on the sheet with the cell references, especially I would think via the Calculate event. Workbook wide event code can definitely influence sheet specific event code. Just to prove to yourself that pasting works, open a new, blank workbook, put some rectangles on a sheet, put my event code in that sheet's code module and then copy/paste the words Full, Half, etc. from a foreign source and see if the rectangles are affected or not.

Upvote 0
Hi Rick,

I copied the code into a new spsht and it still didn't work!! The rectangles only update when I put the cursor into each cell and press return... I wonder if I have a problem with my settings in Excel??

Have checked my file and overall I have 3 worksheets with 'sheet specific' event codes in them - there are no formulas in any cells reading from any other wkshts in these wkshts or vice versa. I have no workbook wide event codes. Interestingly though, the file is now running slowly and every move I make (eg. just entering text into any cell) takes Excel a few seconds to calculate so I may have a wider problem and event code triggering is just one symptom. The file size is 8MB. I would email it to you but it's commercially sensitive.

Is there a way I can determine what is slowing the file from a calculation perspective?
Is there some code I can use in a macro to trigger the event code? or is there another option VBA-wise that I could adopt to bin the event codes and execute it in another way?

Many thanks for your enduring help with this!!

Best Rgds,
Chris

Upvote 0
Have just discovered that when you paste text into one cell only the change event triggers, but pasting into any more than one cell it doesn't - this seems to be the issue!!

Upvote 0
Hi Rick,
Just wanted to say thanks for your time on this - I found another solution in the end, but thanks again...
Rgds,
Chris

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back