VBA to check same conditions across columns and put result in a new column

Alroj

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I have written this VBA that checks column E,F and G and if either of the cells have been coloured with yellow then I need to show the number 1 in column N. If no color if found in any of these columns then the number in column N should be zero.
The macro below is giving me the results across columns J thorugh to column P. Would you please help me to adjust this macro so the results are shown only in column N? Much appreciated

VBA Code:
Sub SelectCellsHighlightedInYellow()

Dim c As Range

For Each c In Range("A8:G600")
If c.Interior.ColorIndex = 36 Or c.Offset(0, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 Or c.Offset(0, 2).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 Then
c.Offset(0, 9).Value = 1
Else
c.Offset(0, 9).Value = 0
End If
Next

End Sub

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Maybe
VBA Code:
     If c.Interior.ColorIndex = 36 Or c.Offset(0, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 Or c.Offset(0, 2).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 Then
          Cells(c.Row, 14) = 1
     Else
          Cells(c.Row, 14) = 0
     End If
However, given that you're looping over every cell in a range I'm not sure you need 3 logical checks. This may or may not be what you really need:
VBA Code:
     If c.Interior.ColorIndex = 36 Then
          Cells(c.Row, 14) = 1
     Else
          Cells(c.Row, 14) = 0
     End If

Upvote 0
Maybe
VBA Code:
          Cells(c.Row, 14) = 1
     Else
          Cells(c.Row, 14) = 0
     End If
However, given that you're looping over every cell in a range I'm not sure you need 3 logical checks. This may or may not be what you really need:
VBA Code:
     If c.Interior.ColorIndex = 36 Then
          Cells(c.Row, 14) = 1
     Else
          Cells(c.Row, 14) = 0
     End If

Micron,

Both vba's only worked for the color cell in column G and didn't ignore colour cells in column E and F.
The situation I have is that Column E has 10 cells that are in yellow, then column F also has cells also in yellow but not the same cells as column E or G. So, I am trying to create a summary of the 3 columns with at least one yellow cell or more.

Thank you for your help

Upvote 0
Sorry I meant to say

"Both vba's only worked for the color cell in column G and ignored colour cells in column E and F"

Upvote 0
Give this a try

BTW, I suggest that you update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

VBA Code:
Sub Check_Yellow()
  Dim c As Range

For Each c In Range("E8:E600")
    Range("N" & c.Row).Value = -(c.Interior.ColorIndex = 36 Or c.Offset(0, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 Or c.Offset(0, 2).Interior.ColorIndex = 36)
  Next c
End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
Peter_SSs, thank you for assistance. Your VBA worked very well.
Much appreciated

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Thanks for the follow-up. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back