Vba to delete entire row of duplicate and original data entries

GID1

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

Can anyone help me out . I am having a hard time on this one. I would like to delete of entire row of the duplicate and original in column E whenever i enter duplicate in the Column E. Please kindly see the attached image. In the image i have two tables top is before and bottom table is after deleting the entire row of the duplicate and original in column E.

Thank you.

GD

Attachments

• Sample.jpg
    Sample.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 15
Hi Alex,

Finally It works. Thank you so much. U r a genius. Cant believes finally someone solve it!!!!
Thanks Again. U r Great!!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
You are welcome. Glad I could help.

Would not have been able to work out what was happening without your post #9. (y)

Upvote 0
You are welcome. Glad I could help.

Would not have been able to work out what was happening without your post #9. (y)
Hi Alex

Would you be able to pop up the value of any of cell in Column A in msgbox when the corresponding cell in column E becomes blank.

GID

Upvote 0
If you mean on a row by row basis, if that happens a lot that will get really tiresome really quickly.
Why do you want the message box and what are you going to do with the information ? Do you want the sub routine to terminate as soon as it find a blank ?

Upvote 0
If you mean on a row by row basis, if that happens a lot that will get really tiresome really quickly.
Why do you want the message box and what are you going to do with the information ? Do you want the sub routine to terminate as soon as it find a blank ?
Since column A cells has different location, whenever any of cells in Column E is deleted i would like to pop out a message saying "Please put back to location:value in Cell A" .
So meaning if cell E2 is deleted, i would like to pop out a msgbox from cell A2 to be displayed with a message above. These need to apply to any cells in both column A and E.
I don't know if this is possible. Please help me out if u know a way. Really appreciate your help.

Upvote 0
Since column A cells has different location, whenever any of cells in Column E is deleted i would like to pop out a message saying "Please put back to location:value in Cell A" .
So meaning if cell E2 is deleted, i would like to pop out a msgbox from cell A2 to be displayed with a message above. These need to apply to any cells in both column A and E.
I don't know if this is possible. Please help me out if u know a way. Really appreciate your help.
The solution u provided previously is working perfectly.

Upvote 0
You will need to open a new thread for this. I believe you are talking about needing a Worksheet Change Event.
In the thread you will need to clarify your requirement eg if E is deleted saying put back A doesn't seem to make sense, as A has not been removed.

Put a link to the new thread here and I can have a look tomorrow if noone else has helped you by then.

Upvote 0
You will need to open a new thread for this. I believe you are talking about needing a Worksheet Change Event.
In the thread you will need to clarify your requirement eg if E is deleted saying put back A doesn't seem to make sense, as A has not been removed.

Put a link to the new thread here and I can have a look tomorrow if noone else has helped you by then.
no, sorry for not being able to explain correctly.
this is actually from the previous thread i posted and you gave me a solution on this. I just wanted to add on few more actions. After the duplicates are deleted off, i would like a pop out msgbox which will show the value of cell in Column A(Location) which is corresponding cell of the deleted duplicates.

Thanks a lot for your help and patience.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantrob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back