VBA to distribute data by row from "Master" worksheet into multiple "sub" worksheets

nklug3

Hi all,

I work for an oil company and have a master list of all of the leases that we service along with other information specific to each lease. Along with the master lease (which is on one worksheet), I have also created a template for each separate lease using individual worksheets within Excel (each sheet is identical, but will only have information for one oil lease). My goal is to be able to distribute each individual lease's data into a separate worksheet ("lease sheet") template. We use these separate worksheets to store even more data than what is stored on the master. The master sheet looks like this:

LeaseCompanyCountyLegal Description
XKyle OilKit Carson8979
YAllen OilKiowa9899
ZNick OilKit Carson1256

<tbody>
</tbody>

Each individual "lease sheet" will look something like this (I used the data from the first row of the "Master" to complete, but for now in my actual workbook all of the filler in Column 2 is blank in each sheet):

LeaseX
CompanyKyle Oil
CountyKit Carson
Legal Description8979

<tbody>
</tbody>

Basically it is just re-distributing data to a new worksheet with a different layout.

All of the individual "lease sheets" will be named (X, Y, Z, etc.) so my thoughts are a search function will need to be utilized that will grab the value from A2 (the value in this example being X) above and search the workbook for the sheet with that name, find the sheet, then copy and paste all of the corresponding data that belongs to that lease into the new format. This would then need to repeat for every lease.

I am wanting VBA in order to save myself some time so I do not have to type everything twice. I am a recent-ish hire and am trying to get our company to go paperless - currently everything we do is written by hand and we have over 3,000 leases that we service, which means over 3,000 sheets of paper laying around just asking to be lost. Once I have all of the "Master" data entered, I would like to be able to push one button (i.e. run the macro) and have it distribute all of the data to the "lease sheets" within the workbook.

I hope I didn't make this too confusing. TIA for your help and have a great day.

Nick

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Try this:-
Code:
[COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR] MG13Sep51
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Rng [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, Dn [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range
[COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] Rng = Range(Range("A2"), Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] Dn [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Rng
    Dn.Resize(, 4).Copy
    Sheets(Dn.Value).Range("B1").PasteSpecial Transpose:=True
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] Dn
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
MsgBox "Update complete!!"
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR]
Regards Mick

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back