VBA to perform like find / trim / copy paste InStr strMid Rng.Offset

ZackPa

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I am very much a novice w VBA, my skills don’t go very far past having excel record/code the VBA based on my actions. I made an excel sheet for my government job in the past and I want to make another one to keep my name fresh as a good employee. My goal is to be able to use a VBA macro to paste from clipboard, then find a particular pieces of info, trim off excess data, perform a divide by three formula, replace quarter names with the corresponding months, and in the end paste the cleaned up info into columns. I have a picture of what a paste looks like taken from a database my government job uses. It gives a person’s wages quarterly and employer names. I want to be able to trim off all excess data and just see the months involved (quarters converted to months), the employer name, and the monthly amount for each employer (quarter total divided by 3). I have four young kids and I don’t have time to go real deep into teaching myself coding. I want to get ahead at my job and I’m asking for help on coding VBA for this. Please and thank you.

Attachments

• 5FF6C245-B650-422D-89EF-D701E7376B03.jpeg
    5FF6C245-B650-422D-89EF-D701E7376B03.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 11

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Hiii can you please help me with my query

Actually i have one excell sheet in which there are lots of columns but i have to copy the column with their name and paste into the another sheet along with the filter applied into it. How did i do that using vba.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back