VBA to save rows as CSV without empty rows

Jorgi

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello may I ask you to help me with VBA. I would like to save data via macro as CSV but only if there is a data. Every 6 rows equal to one piece of data element but sometimes the 6 rows can be empty (apart from column A) because there is no data and the file will have to be saved without the 6 empty rows. Thank you very much for your help

Initial file
1634825593353.png

outcome from macro
1634825869136.png

OK, I misunderstood. I thought you were wanting to save each separate 6 row segment as its own CSV file (which is why I mentioned I was unsure how you wanted to name each one).
I didn't realize that you wanted one single CSV file, without the 6 row segments.

It looks like you got a working solution from Marc, so I won't bother coming up with new code to do that his already does.
Thank you very much Joe4

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Are there any VBA books or anything to help me to learn VBA programming?
All I used within my demonstration is in the VBA help like in the Excel help for worksheet functions CountA & Index …​
I never read any VBA book (already knew BASIC and its childs) but just using the Macro Recorder​
to understand some Excel / VBA basics (statements, Objects Model) via the VBA help​
and of course seeing how some forums helpers have resolved some threads.​

Upvote 0
Everybody has different levels of knowledge and preferred learning methods.

If you prefer to learn via book, there are tons of books out there. The MrExcel bookstore sells a bunch: Products

If you prefer to learn using videos or on-line resources, there are lots of tutorials and videos to be found via Google and YouTube searches.

And of course, reading through other threads here can help too!

Upvote 0
All I used within my demonstration is in the VBA help like in the Excel help for worksheet functions CountA & Index …​
I never read any VBA book (already knew BASIC and its childs) but just using the Macro Recorder​
to understand some Excel / VBA basics (statements, Objects Model) via the VBA help​
and of course seeing how some forums helpers have resolved some threads.​
Thank you for the advise Marc L

Upvote 0
Everybody has different levels of knowledge and preferred learning methods.

If you prefer to learn via book, there are tons of books out there. The MrExcel bookstore sells a bunch: Products

If you prefer to learn using videos or on-line resources, there are lots of tutorials and videos to be found via Google and YouTube searches.

And of course, reading through other threads here can help too!
Thank you for the advise Joe4

Upvote 0
Hello, a VBA demonstration to directly export the data from the source worksheet to a csv text file for starters :​
VBA Code:
Sub Demo1()
    Dim F%, Rw As Range
        F = FreeFile
        Open ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Export .csv" For Output As #F
    With Application
        For Each Rw In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows
            If .CountA(Rw) > 1 Then Print #F, Join(.Index(Rw.Value2, 1, 0), ",")
        Next
    End With
        Close #F
End Sub
Marc L hope the last question related to this topic. What will be the VBA code if I will add in column A some data which cannot be on the created CSV file. The data will be in the column A just for the user's reference? Thank you so much as always.

Initial file
1635085941205.png

Outcome from the macro (exactly the same as previously)
1635086144864.png

Upvote 0
Exactly the same VBA procedure as this is the same than in the initial post !​

Upvote 0
Exactly the same VBA procedure as this is the same than in the initial post !​
I've ran the macro again and the outcome looks as per below. The column A (reference) is included plus the part of the empty rows highlighted in yellow. I probably doing something wrong. Should I change something in the code? Thank you and apologies for being a bit of a pain.
outcome received
1635094235765.png

the ideal outcome
1635094474930.png

Upvote 0
Sorry, I misunderstood as I did not see the column inserted, my bad !​
Differents ways … Is it always only from columns B to H, never any additional column like I, J, … ?​

Upvote 0
Sorry, I misunderstood as I did not see the column inserted, my bad !​
Differents ways … Is it always only from columns B to H, never any additional column like I, J, … ?​
It will be always from B to AZ.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajbooisen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back