VBA Userform: Insert an ActiveX Control from the ToolBox with Rich text - NOT a Label

CrunchMasterMatt

Board Regular
Hi, I saw recently that I could add an Adobe PDF viewer ActiveX control to my userform, which I found while poking around at all the userforms additional controls. It adds an Adobe Reader pdf control window right inside my userform and displays the pdf pages inside the userform as well. Very cool...

So now I wonder if I can Add an "MS Word" type ActiveX control window in the UserForm??? It doesn't have to be "Microsoft Word" specifically, it can be ANY rich text supported userform ActiveX control?

What I'm trying to figure out is, "Wouldn't I now also have RICH TEXT editing capabilities on my userform?" I'm assuming I would have programmatic access to this new ActiveX, so I'm thinking this could be a workaround to the standard ToolBox Label control, which does not support Rich Text editing? Sometimes I need a dozen Labels to support different Font formats, and when the text is written at various string lengths, it becomes almost impossible. So I limit the user data I write to these types of Label configurations to work within these confines - and it bugs me! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back