vba with multiple if/or criteria

Godders199

Office Version
  1. 2013
Hello, I have been using the following code to calculate annual targets,

'Rolling Target'
Dim Addvalues
If Cells(i, 6).Value >= 1 Then
Addvalues = Range("p" & i).Value + Range("s" & i).Value + Range("v" & i).Value + Range("y" & i).Value
Range("ab" & i).Value = Addvalues + IIf(Cells(i, 6) <= 8, Range("f" & i).Value, Sheets("Homepage").Range("o4").Value)
Else
Cells(i, 28).Value = 0
End If

The value of o4 is 8

However i need to add some extra critiera based on the value in column Z

if z <= 3 then it needs to use the value 2 instead of O4
if z 4-6 then it needs to use the value 4 instead of O4
if z 7-9 then it needs to use th value 6 instead of o4

Does anyone know how to alter the code to reflect this.?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Re: vba with muiltple if/or criteria

How about
Code:
Dim Addvalues
Dim vadd As Long
   Addvalues = Range("p" & i).Value + Range("s" & i).Value + Range("v" & i).Value + Range("y" & i).Value
   Select Case Cells(i, 26)
      Case Is <= 3
         vadd = 2
      Case 4 To 6
         vadd = 4
      Case 7 To 9
         vadd = 6
      Case Else
         vadd = Sheets("Homepage").Range("o4").Value
   End Select
   Range("ab" & i).Value = Addvalues + IIf(Cells(i, 6) <= 8, Range("f" & i).Value, vadd)
Else
   Cells(i, 28).Value = 0
End If

Upvote 0

You're welcome

Upvote 0

Hi Fluff
I have amended the code as below, however I think I need tochange the following line
Range("ab" & i).Value = Addvalues +IIf(Cells(i, 6) <= 8, Range("f" & i).Value, vadd)
As the result needs to be the lower of vadd or column 6 ifcolumn 6 less than vadd. I have changed it to.
Range("ab" & i).Value = Addvalues +IIf(Cells(i, 6) <= vadd, Range("f" & i).Value, vadd)
But that does not work.
For example
If column 26 is 6 and column 6 is 2. The result in column abshould be Addvalues +2 ( as 2 is less than Vadd)
If column 26 is 6 and column 6 is 12. The result in columnab should be addvalues + 4 (as vadd is less than column 6)
Hope this makes sense.
Dim Addvalues
Dim vadd As Long
Addvalues = Range("p" & i).Value +Range("s" & i).Value + Range("v" & i).Value +Range("y" & i).Value
Select Case Cells(i, 26)
Case Is <= 3
vadd = 2
Case 4 To 6
vadd = 4
Case 7 To 9
vadd = 6
Case Else
vadd =Sheets("Homepage").Range("o4").Value
End Select
Range("ab" & i).Value = Addvalues +IIf(Cells(i, 6) <= 8, Range("f" & i).Value, vadd)
Else
Cells(i, 28).Value = 0
End If

Upvote 0

In what way doesn't it work?

Upvote 0

Hi Fluff, it appears if this part of the formula is true " Range("ab" & i).Value = Addvalues + IIf(Cells(i, 6) <= 8" it just inserts the value contained in column 6... it does not appear to consider "Range("f" & i).Value, vadd"
"

Upvote 0

Sorry here is an example
submissions is column 6
Active months column 26
Rolling target is AB
so in these two examples ab shold be 4, as active months is between 4 an 6

SubmissionsTotal ChecksFile checksCCB checksCall ListeningFile and CCBFile and CLTesting ChecksQ1 IIPQ1 WCOextra checkQ2 IIPQ2 WCOextra checkQ3 IIPQ3 WCOextra checkQ4 IIPQ4 WCOextra checkMonths ActiveTotal GS ChecksRolling Target
<colgroup><col width="87" style="width: 65pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3181;"> <col width="87" style="width: 65pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3181;"> <col width="56" style="width: 42pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2048;"> <col width="52" style="width: 39pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1901;"> <col width="67" style="width: 50pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2450;"> <col width="88" style="width: 66pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3218;"> <col width="63" style="width: 47pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2304;" span="2"> <col width="39" style="width: 29pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1426;"> <col width="40" style="width: 30pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1462;" span="2"> <col width="36" style="width: 27pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1316;"> <col width="39" style="width: 29pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1426;"> <col width="46" style="width: 35pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1682;"> <col width="31" style="width: 23pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1133;"> <col width="36" style="width: 27pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1316;"> <col width="51" style="width: 38pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1865;"> <col width="35" style="width: 26pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1280;"> <col width="46" style="width: 35pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1682;" span="2"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;"> <col width="91" style="width: 68pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3328;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;"> <tbody> </tbody>

Upvote 0

It works for me, I got 4 for both rows & when I changed the 9 to 3 in submissions, I got 3 for rolling target.
Check that your numbers are actual numbers, rather than text.

Upvote 0

Thanks again, i will play with the formats, the information is transposed onto the sheet so maybe i need to insert a save before the calculations

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HockeyBoi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back