VBA

kkng

Does anyone know whether VBA in Powerpoint can grab data from Excel?

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
up to a point, you should be able to interact in either direction - what are you trying to do?

Paddy

Upvote 0
i try to grab data from tables in excel and put them into the graph in powerpoint

Upvote 0
Hi,

The powerpoint help has this to say about excel / powerpoint interaction:

You can copy worksheet cells and charts from Microsoft Excel to your PowerPoint presentations. To add the result of a calculation to a slide, you can copy a single cell that contains a formula. You can choose to paste only the current data in PowerPoint, or you can link the copy to the original data in Microsoft Excel. If you link the data, the information you copied to PowerPoint is updated whenever the original data changes in Microsoft Excel.

So - given that this functionality is already built in (at least to a certain extent), what is it about what you are trying to do that makes you want to go down a VBA route?

Paddy

Upvote 0
I havent used Powerpoint much but you can access other office applications in a uniform way.

Open Powerpoint and pres Ctrl + F11 to open the IDE. Click on Tools and references and click on Microsoft Excel 8.0 Object Library

You can crate a macro the usual way e.g this creates a reference to a Ecle object and makes it visible, you can build on this foundation.

Sub Macro1()

Dim xl As New Excel.Application
Set xl = New Excel.Application

xl.Visible = True

End Sub

Upvote 0
My situation is like that:
I have a excel worksheet with a macro which grab data from different files. After i ran the macro, i need to copy the data and paste it in powerpoint slide. So if i link the powerpoint slide with the excel file, next time i change the content on the excel, it will affect all the powerpoint slide (if i create multiple powerpoint files for different presentations)as they all linked to the same excel file. I can disable the link each time after i ran the macro, but it will take a lot of time to disable all the links to all the graphs in each presentation.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back