Very Frusterated with Auto-Filter Problem

zip.survey

Board Regular
I have about 8000 individual rows, which I have autofiltered down to about 200 rows, using a variety of filters.

I then copied these 200 rows to a new work book as a flat file, and sent it off to someone to add data to.

I then received the 200 rows of data filled in back, and tried to paste it back into my original 8000 row document, of which I had it autofiltered down to the 200 rows.

But when I paste the rows, it does not paste it in the 200 rows I want, because the auto-filter automatically hides rows, so its not pasting the data in the 200 rows that I want.

How do I do this?

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Hi....

If your co-workers are just adding to the 200 rows how about using the vlookup function....

In your original worksheet add a new column and use this as an index 1,2,3... etc then when you get the data back from your co-workers you can use vlookup to add the new data to your worksheet... after you've used vlookup then you just "copy" and "paste values"...

If you want me to do it/help more email me your excel files / skype number.... mikefardell@hotmail.com

Hope it helps!

Upvote 0
Hello zip,
What comes to mind off hand is to paste the 200 rows you receive back into a different sheet of the original workbook and then loop through the original (8000 row) sheet looking for specified columns that match the 200 row sheet and then copy/paste each matching row back into the original sheet.

After you've filtered the data (before sending it out to be filled in by the other user/s) what columns have data and are any of those rows exact duplicates?
If so, how would you (manually) determine which of the newly filled in rows should go where in the original sheet?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back