Viewing Cells of a protected workbook through another workbook

elaiwa

Hello,

Can anybody help me with the issue in the subject?

Is there any way to view some cells in a password protected workbook without being prompt to this password...

I have a workbook(A) that conatains some cells that are linked to some other cells that are located in a password protected workbook(B),

Whenever I open the workbook(A) I'm asked for the password to open workbook(B)..

Is there anyway to prevent this knowing that these linked cells only need to be viewed and not modified...

Thanks a lot..

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
If the workbook(B) can be opened read-only you wouldn't have a problem. If you can't open workbook(B) because you don't have the password, then it sounds suspiciously like you are trying to break into someones protected workbook.

Upvote 0
Yep, that would kinda defeat the purpose of Password Protecting a Workbook...

Upvote 0
Yes but the protected workbook contains some cells that should be viewable for public and some other cells that shouldn't be so....

I can leave the Workbook(B) un protected but can I password protect some sheets inside this Workbook(B) and make them unviewable except if a password is entered..

Is this possible??

Upvote 0
You can have sheets hidden ( xlVeryHidden ), and only unhide them via a macro which prompts for a particular string before processing. Remember to rehide the sheets as xlVeryHidden in the BeforeSave event.

P.S. also remember to protect your VBA project too.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tungnmqn90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back