"Visual Basic and "Macros" buttons disabled.

Robin_son

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
In the Developer tab of in my Excel "Visual Basic and "Macros" buttons doesn’t seem to be enabled, they are faded out

I have gone to the Options tab in the Excel and enabled the Trust center settings as shown below:

Kindly assist, tell me what to do in order to create and execute VBA scripts. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-07 210520.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 210520.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2023-12-07 210257.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 210257.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 17

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I notice that you don't mention that you are working in a VM, like you did in your cross-post on another forum.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Visual Basic and Macros buttons are disabled in my Excel
There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
I notice that you don't mention that you are working in a VM, like you did in your cross-post on another forum.
So should I remove this post from that Forum? Actually I didn't know that it was managed to be posted on that Forum, because it returned an error, so I put it here. To your query about the VM , yes, it is in a VM.

Upvote 0
So should I remove this post from that Forum?
No, Cross-Posting is actually allowed here, as long as your conform to the rules laid out in the link I provided.
As long as you mention you are doing so and provide links to the other posts, you will be fine.

Upvote 0
..to your query about the VM , yes, it is in a VM.

What about running macros, (ALT-F8)? Can you do that?

What would I try?
  • The first and obvious thing to do is to see if this is a VM thing or not, so move a copy out of the VM and test to see if that fixes things.
  • The next test I would do is to unprotect the sheet and workbook (if protected) and unshare the workbook (if shared) - google how to do this, if you are unsure.
  • Then use ALT-F11 to open the macro Editor/Debugger and see if anything changed.
  • After that, I would make sure the workbook file or folder was not set to 'read only'.
  • Then I would add a new blank sheet to the workbook, and observe the effect.
  • Lastly I would would right-click on the tab name and use 'move or copy' to move a copy of the worksheet to a new workbook, and then see if the picks are still diasabled.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back