Vlook Up not recognising Numbers

craig white

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a 60000 row document where the ID is numeric. When i download it from our systems it shows an error saying number stored as text. I need the cells to be stored as General format. So if click in the cell and press enter the error goes away and vlook up recognises the number and my vlook ups now work for different data.

My question is since i have 60000 unique cells which i need to press F2, then enter for the format to fix itself, how do i do this on mass. If i highlight the full column and change format to General it simply doesnt work and the errors remain, so the only way i know is to click in each cell or press f2 then enter, but this only works cell by cell

any help apprecited

1704262323176.png

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Try this on a copy of your worksheet (in case it doesn't work). Type a 0 somewhere out of the way and copy it to your clipboard. Then select a range of ID's and choose Paste Special...then select the Add option to add the 0 on the clipboard to the "numbers". This coerces Excel to convert the text to numbers. The issue is that some of your ID's appear to begin with a leading 0, and this conversion will drop the leading zeroes.

Upvote 0
Coba ini

1. pilih semua data
2. klik tanda seru
3. klik " Konversi Ke Angka "

1704263775306.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I used translate and I copied the translated sentence incorrectly, I really apologize, as did the previous thread
So in future after you post, immediately check it for language and edit if needed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back