VLOOKUP/ INDIRECT Date range isssue

reddevilanalyst

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I have been working on a small invoice report. I have multiple sheets of invoices and to ease them up - I wanted to autofill whatever I type in the sheets to the INDEX page. I used the formula =VLOOKUP($B$2,INDIRECT("'"&$A3&"'!$A$15:$C$15"),3,FALSE) function to match cells from other sheets to the INDEX page. So basically I have created different headings for Company, created by, date and amount. The company and created list works fine with the formula but when I try the date range and amount - it shows as a number. I tried using another VLOOKUP(INDIRECT ddmmyyyy method too - but it is not working.
Capture.JPG
Capture3.JPG

The dates are filled in the sheets between the range G3:H3 and similarly for the amount it is J43:L43. Please suggest any help/ any different formulas which can help me out. I have nearly 50 sheets and it will be easy to auto-fill the INDEX page when I type in the individual sheets

Right, so your totals are in Column E - the 5th Column, Right?
Using your example I would expect the total you want to be in Row 15, Column E
If that is true, then your formula would be the same as above, but change the 3rd argument from 3 to 5 (i.e. Column 5 the column that has your total value)

Where is the total that you want to put onto another sheet?

If the total you want in cell E3 (not sure which sheet - you did not show that part of a sheet).
Then you should be able to use this following formula: = INDIRECT("'"&$A3&"'!$L$59") (VLOOKUP is not needed)

Upvote 0
Solution

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

If the total you want in cell E3 (not sure which sheet - you did not show that part of a sheet).
Then you should be able to use this following formula: = INDIRECT("'"&$A3&"'!$L$59") (VLOOKUP is not needed)
Thanks this worked. Hurray !! So, I don't need VLOOKUP for that, that is where I did the mistake. Thank you so much for your patience. <3

Upvote 0
Thanks this worked. Hurray !! So, I don't need VLOOKUP for that, that is where I did the mistake. Thank you so much for your patience. <3
No problem. I was just difficult for me to know where data was coming from and where is needed to be.
So, if you update L59, then Cell E3 on your other sheet will automatically update.
Good luck with your project, glad I could help.

Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back