Show date greater than today on schedule

ulak

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Best,

I have an employee roster where I want to have dates filled in for a specific shift based on another sheet. Now Vlookup shows the first best match, however, the idea is that based on today's date these dates are filled in. In short:

The particular person's schedule should be shown compared to today's date. Can you help me with this?

I hope my question is clear.

1706009184196.png

Main schedule

1706009201870.png

Second schedule.

The values in start and end must be entered on the main schedule.

I tried Vlookup, no succes. I tried Index and Match, no succes. I think if I can doe aan greather then check in the Index formula that I will receive the resultst I wish, but I do not have enough experience with that.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I wish people would put cell references in their screenshots, otherwise it makes any formula solution pretty useless.
I'm assuming the following

the top left hand corner of each screenshot is A1 (otherwise adjust the cell references in the formula)

Array formula

=IF(ISNA(MATCH($A6,IF(D$5>='Second Schedule'!$B$2:$B$100,IF(D$5<='Second Schedule'!$C$2:$C$1000,'Second Schedule'!$A$2:$A$1000,0),""),0)),"","X")

Upvote 0
I wish people would put cell references in their screenshots, otherwise it makes any formula solution pretty useless.

the top left hand corner of each screenshot is A1 (otherwise adjust the cell references in the formula)

Array formula

=IF(ISNA(MATCH($A6,IF(D$5>='Second Schedule'!$B$2:$B$100,IF(D$5<='Second Schedule'!$C$2:$C$1000,'Second Schedule'!$A$2:$A$1000,0),""),0)),"","X")
True, I'm sorry. See screenshot.
1706012345558.png

The formula that you shared doesnt gived the result I wished to see.

Upvote 0

Array formula

And I wish to see the date under columns start and eind and not a X under the right date. I hope that this is clear.

Upvote 0
For the Start and End date just do a VLOOKUP or a INDEX(MATCH()) based on the name
So nothing at all under the dates from E5 then?

Upvote 0
For the Start and End date just do a VLOOKUP or a INDEX(MATCH()) based on the name
So nothing at all under the dates from E5 then?
No, I don't want anything below E5 and beyond. I want to retrieve the start and end dates from the second sheet, but the names appear more than once in the same column and Vlookup shows me the top value. I want the formula to look at today's date and use the correct date after the name based on that. So in this example, when its 30-01-2024 then I will that the formula shows the dates start: 26-02-2024 en eind: 04-03-2024 behind Thaddeus.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back