vlookup/substitute cell values on multiple cell criteria

ladyredbull115

I have a massive Access DB that I run several queries out of and paste into an Excel summary page for sharing daily. I am looking into automating it a bit further because my data can be very volatile...for example yesterday, I had a query that returned the following data:

uploading images

but today the query doesn't have any information for Pilot and Unknown, or Wave 7 and 4.0.439, etc.

image upload no size limit

Copying and pasting is too cumbersome as I have about 15 tables that I update daily and often make errors in getting the right information in the right place.

What I would like to do is paste the raw query data from the second photo into a new sheet and create a formula for column c in the first image that automatically pulls the data into it from the new sheet based on the Wave and Version number.

I have tried a few different things, including a substitute, replace, and vlookup but can't figure out what's wrong with the formulas. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
A simple non-VBA solution, would be to import the query into the appropriate Excel worksheet.

On the Ribbon--->Data--->GetExternalData-->FromAccess

Then follow the wizard to find you database and particular queries to import. Quick and easy.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the option, but getting the data into excel daily isn't an issue. I have to summarize the data in the format of the first screenshot, which is where the problem arises, using the import option only gets the data into a new sheet but wouldn't get the data into the summary table(s).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back