Voting Forms

Matt5353

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I've created a voting form with an active cell that looks up a database of up to 7000 names. E.g. I enter the number 1 and in the active cell on the voting form, it looks up the database and then it adds the member's name to the form. The form is then printed, this will stop us from printing up unnecessary forms. Printing as you go is far more proficient than printing of 1000's of forms just in case.
At the moment we print up to 2000 forms with 4 forms for each member to vote for their preferences of either President, Senior, Junior or Committee. Once the form is created I wish to have their club Number and Name added to another sheet which will be called (Who Actually Voted) to show how many people actually voted in the election.
I can do that but if I go back to the voting form and put 2 in the active cell the name changes in (who actually voted). So I wish to stop that from happening and just get them to show up as a list.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
It sounds like you have a handle on using Vlookup (I'm assuming you are using Vlookup) to populate your voting form with the member's name, then you print the form and change the number for the next member.

perhaps you can simply create another sheet or column outside your print area on the page you are using and when you enter 1 in your active cell, simply add it to your new column active cell
and continue to add the members as you print your forms.

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJ
11Voting FormNew Column1Vlookupfor club #
2NameBased on A17Vlookupfor club #
315Vlookupfor club #
421Vlookupfor club #
533Vlookupfor club #
Sheet1

Upvote 0
I have very basic knowledge of vlookup. Not understanding what you mean and how to do that with vlookup, I thought a macro might be needed. I used on the sheet Who Voted =B5 for the number and =D5 that is as far as I got. This is my =VLOOKUP(B5,DataBase!A1:D20,4,FALSE) to get the name on the form. I still do not understand how to put together a vlookup code to start listing the names.
Election of Officers2023/24

Club NumberName
1Kenneth Wood
Voting Form for "President"
Please Tick "One Box Only"
1Applicant:
2Applicant:
3Applicant:
4Applicant:

Upvote 0
OK,

It looks like you are using one Sheet to print voting forms. call it sheet 2. and on sheet 3 you named it DataBase and that is where you store your club member's names and member IDs or numbers.

What I was suggesting is that you create a 3rd sheet or rename it something like Voting List

then use the same Vlookup you already created and simply keep track manually as you print your form.

So when Member 3 asks for a voting form and you put a 3 in B5 in order to pull his/her name into cell D5 when you hit print simply tab over to sheet 1 or the Voting List sheet and type a 3 in column A to populate column B with the member's name

With each subsequent voting member form being printed you will just add their number to Voting List Sheet

Book1
ABCD
1Election of Officers2023/24
3Club NumberName
51Kenneth Wood
7Voting Form for "President"
9Please Tick "One Box Only"
111Applicant:
132Applicant:
153Applicant:
174Applicant:
Voting Form
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D5D5=VLOOKUP(B5,DataBase!A1:D20,4,FALSE)

Your information posted.

Guessing at sheet BataBase

Book1
ABCDE
11Kenneth Wood
22Jim Crow
33Bob Dylan
44Dylan bob
55John Smith
66this list is 7000 ppl long Im guessing
DataBase

My Idea about adding a tracking sheet done manually with each form printed.

Book1
AB
11Kenneth Wood
25John Smith
33Bob Dylan
Voting Tracker
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B1:B3B1=IFNA(VLOOKUP(A1,DataBase!$A$1:$D$7000,4,),"")

Upvote 0
Thanks, I know I could do that but didn't want to add another layer to it. The Data Base and the Who Voted will be sheets hidden from those people who will be the scrutineers that actually will be processing the forms for voting. I want it to automatically do this so the process is only one step rather than several steps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faraz5023

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back