Weird DATE problem with pivot table [bug?]

jonahsav

Hi everyone,

ive been working on a sheet with some bank statement. i export these straight out of my bank, then i add some stuff and turn it into a pivot table. Extremely straight forward. But somehow once i put it into a pivot table and have the dates as my main Row's (first year, quarter and then month) it turns it into this.
Scherm­afbeelding 2024-01-16 om 15.54.13.png

Sorry its in Dutch, but as u can see, it recognises its 2023, then quarter 1, 2 and 3 go as it should go. then the first month of quarter 4 is also fine but then every date after 2-10-2023 is somehow a catagory of its own? not even inside 2023 while im 100% thats its written the same was as every other date. and its also all formatted as DATE.

what am i missing here?

thanks in advance

Jonah

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Looks like you have stray ">" characters in the raw data. We can't tell much by looking at the pivot table. It would be more helpful to paste the raw data into a post.

Upvote 0
It looks like the date field was grouped before the latest data went in, so anything after the previous maximum date just gets put in a > category. You should be able to just re-group specifying a later max date.

Upvote 1
Solution
I haven't seen that ">" before, I guess I never ran into that scenario.

Upvote 0
It looks like the date field was grouped before the latest data went in, so anything after the previous maximum date just gets put in a > category. You should be able to just re-group specifying a later max date.
Thank you so much, i did indeed forget to do that

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back