Weird Excel glitch?

Tim4freedom

I have a formula in a spreadsheet which starts with If(and(....,....) which references to date ranges to select cells, which then continues with sumif(...:...:...).
When I copy the formula into the cell above this, keeping all criteria exactly the same I get #VALUE! as the result. Even if I Cut, then Paste I get the same outcome, then even more strange, if I then Cut and Paste it back to the original cell below it now gives the correct answer.
The formula is obviously accurate as it gives the correct answer, until it is placed in the cell above.
Can anyone help with this strange situation?
I have manually typed in the same formula and it still gives the #VALUE! outcome!

No, you have to leave the -- in the formula for it to work.

Rory, it works!
Now can you explain why it does as I don't understand the formula? I don't know much about Sumproduct, and can't understand the "--" you wanted in it.

Thanks
Tim

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Rory, it works!
Now can you explain why it does as I don't understand the formula? I don't know much about Sumproduct, and can't understand the "--" you wanted in it.

Thanks
Tim

I have one more challenge...
In another row, I need to calculate the value as an average.

Where the formula you suggested ends with 'Daily Job Tracker'!$E$6:$E$2000 I need it to end with 'Daily Job Tracker'!$E$6:$E$2000/(COUNTIF('Job Tracker'!$AM$6:$AM$2000,">0")

Can you suggest how I can use this style of formula or how to average column AM6:AM2000 ?

Thanks

Upvote 0
What are you trying to average specifically?

Upvote 0
What are you trying to average specifically?

In the Daily Job Tracker worksheet it has a column of hrly rates of employees. These vary from job to job because different employees have different hourly rates on different jobs. So for Land-scaping there might be employees from $20/hr to $28/hr. The previous formula would add up all hourly rates in the column. I have the averages calculated across the row already, so adding them down the column isnt what I want, but the average hourly rate for all Land-scaping jobs.

Hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0
So where does column AM on 'Job Tracker' sheet come into it?

Upvote 0
So where does column AM on 'Job Tracker' sheet come into it?

Sorry my mistake. I meant it to read 'Daily Job Tracker', as previously mentioned.
Looking at the problem I am imagining it needs to divide the first formula by a similar SUMPRODUCT one??

Upvote 0
Probably. At a guess (since I have no idea what's where in your sheet):
=SUMPRODUCT(--('Daily Job Tracker'!$B$6:$B$2000>$A$8-1),--('Daily Job Tracker'!$B$6:$B$2000<$A$14),--('Daily Job Tracker'!$D$6:$D$2000=C5),'Daily Job Tracker'!$E$6:$E$2000)/=SUMPRODUCT(--('Daily Job Tracker'!$B$6:$B$2000>$A$8-1),--('Daily Job Tracker'!$B$6:$B$2000<$A$14),--('Daily Job Tracker'!$D$6:$D$2000=C5),--('Daily Job Tracker'!$AM$6:$AM$2000>0))

Upvote 0
Probably. At a guess (since I have no idea what's where in your sheet):
=SUMPRODUCT(--('Daily Job Tracker'!$B$6:$B$2000>$A$8-1),--('Daily Job Tracker'!$B$6:$B$2000<$A$14),--('Daily Job Tracker'!$D$6:$D$2000=C5),'Daily Job Tracker'!$E$6:$E$2000)/=SUMPRODUCT(--('Daily Job Tracker'!$B$6:$B$2000>$A$8-1),--('Daily Job Tracker'!$B$6:$B$2000<$A$14),--('Daily Job Tracker'!$D$6:$D$2000=C5),--('Daily Job Tracker'!$AM$6:$AM$2000>0))

That's it! Brilliant You saved me hours of research.

Thanks Rory :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back