What appears to be a massive Memory leak or something weird.

Metaleo

My excel file just started growing in size massively... It was a big file to begin with, about 33MB. It has grown by 30MB per save and Im not adding anything but minor text. The file size has reached a massive 200MB within an hour and has become laggy. I tried to google the issue and found this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=21649. Tried it and it didnt change a thing, the size has continued to grow at the same pace.. I have no back ups besides one from about 30 hours ago.... That would be a lot of work to lose... ALOT... ANY help will be great, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks in advanced.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
The link you included is about excessive formatting, do you use many different formats?
Do you have macro's, pivottables (each one on the same pivotcache, or each one a different cache?), webqueries, database queries?

A trick that sometimes works, is creating a new empty file, and copy/paste all your info from the current one to the new one. Afterwards, discard the old one. That way, if you're lucky, you can escape the leak/corruption of the old file.

good luck...

Upvote 0
Got it! I have no idea why but one picture was making copies of it self.... I had around 5,000 pictures stacked under one... deleted them all and everything works great. Thanks Hermanito, if it wasnt for your idea I wouldnt of found that.

Upvote 0
5000 copies of a picture?? Surely that wasn't happening all by itself?

Glad you found the cause of the filesize though!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back