What book would be recommended to learn about UserForm and Module in 2023?

cyrilbrd

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Good day to all,
Any recommendation for VBA noob pertaining to UserForm creation?
Objective would be to get a hands-on type of approach with exercises aiming at developing work habits in VBA.
Thanks in advance for any/all input.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Most books that get deep into VBA should have sections on UserForms. A quick search of the MrExcel store found this book: Microsoft Excel VBA and Macros (Office 2021 and Microsoft 365). In the description, it includes:
  • Build sophisticated UserForm custom dialogs to collect data from other Excel users

That being said, as someone who uses both Excel and Access, for anything that requires a lot of forms, I much rather prefer Access forms to Excel forums. Access forms are so much easier to create (mostly drag and drop), and you can easily "bind" the fields to the data sources behind them (where Excel requires you to explicitly write VBA code to link each field).

Of course, that all depends on whether Access is available to you, and how comfortable you are using it (its learning curve is a bit steeper than Excel's). But all things equal, I always prefer Access forms over Excel forms.

Most books that get deep into VBA should have sections on UserForms. A quick search of the MrExcel store found this book: Microsoft Excel VBA and Macros (Office 2021 and Microsoft 365). In the description, it includes:

That being said, as someone who uses both Excel and Access, for anything that requires a lot of forms, I much rather prefer Access forms to Excel forums. Access forms are so much easier to create (mostly drag and drop), and you can easily "bind" the fields to the data sources behind them (where Excel requires you to explicitly write VBA code to link each field).

Of course, that all depends on whether Access is available to you, and how comfortable you are using it (its learning curve is a bit steeper than Excel's). But all things equal, I always prefer Access forms over Excel forms.
Yup I saw that book, tried to buy it 3 days ago and got my credit card details rejected by informit.
Will try to get on Amazon but deal is not as sweet.
Google search gave me limited satisfaction with in some cases less than 2 pages covering the subject, but maybe I imagine it to be more complex than actual. Access recommendation is noted. Will look into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back