What changed with the Decimal Points

Jtucker10278

Board Regular
Been using MS. Excel since 1997, and either I am going crazy, maybe had tiny minor stroke, or something change with how excel shows decimal points.

it like the default went from showing 2 decimal points to showing all 15 decimal points. and this is the same for my Excel on my personal computer and tfit vjh

every new pivot table, regardless of the source formatting shows 15 digits. and the really strange one is Concatenate if i have
21.52302151 in cell B5 and I have Cell B5 to show as Number with 1 decimal point so cell B5 is displaying 21.5

when I = Concatenate(B5," / ",B6)
I get 21.52302151 and cant see the rest because the number of decimal places has pushed/hidden the rest of the information.. and formatting the cell as Number again did not help.

hoping someone can confirm something changed in excel and not that i have had a stroke and miss remembered the last 20 years.
and how to fix my concatenate problem

Thank you

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
For the General format, which is the default, it will show you all available significant digits. If you have =1/7, you get 0.142857143. Only when you select Number as the format does it default to two decimal places. Where are the numbers in your Pivot Table coming from? You can set the display format of data in your pivot table.

my personal computer and tfit vjh
You might want to see a doctor about that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back