What is the process for this (roughly)

uZoe

Hi folks, I have a monthly reporting task that I wish to automate. Then end result will be say four / five tables and some charts associated.
I will be downloading a updated report in a .csv format, it is an output from another system and has columns of data associated with projects eg start date, end date, cost, funder, customer name, project title.
I'm hoping to do some charts that shows things like projects by customer area (count), sum of project value, resource commitment,
I am familiar with pivot tables and creating tables and charts.
what I am not familiar with is updating data in tables automatically and linking sources of data between sheets etc. I do not know what exactly I need to do. Happy to look up the process just looking for ideas on how to proceed please.
I have also looked at creating a user form.
What is the best approach please.
thank you Zoe

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
have a look of this

That was a good one, I didn't know about this function. I managed it sort of, very useful to know. Problem I have despite following a tutorial I have an error. My queries and connections column on the right hand side of the excel sheet is saying x amount of rows loaded, the number I expect, however there is no text / lines shown. Its imported the 'import file' to the main file but I can't combine the two they are on separate tabs the original and the new. I've followed the steps exactly as far as I can tell. My folder is on onedrive.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back