what is wrong with this r1c1 notation?

cspengel

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Trying to change this to incorporate my last row, which is using the variable lLastRowDeDuped.

VBA Code:
Range("B29").FormulaR1C1 = "=COUNTIFS(R[-27]C[5]:R781C[5],RC[-1],R[-27]C[10]:R[752]C[10],""<>""&""LINES SET TO 0"")"

I receive #REF error when using this. The lLastRowDeDuped works for the first use of it, but does not work in the second instance where the 752 is.

VBA Code:
Range("B29").FormulaR1C1 = "=COUNTIFS(R[-27]C[5]:R" & lLastRowDeDuped & "C[5],RC[-1],R[-27]C[10]:R[" & lLastRowDeDuped & "]C[10],""<>""&""LINES SET TO 0"")"

Any assistance would be great!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
How can you tell which instance is failing? Is the formula being entered into the cell? If so, what is the formula as it appears in the cell?

The first use is an absolute row number, and the second use is relative to the row containing the formula (29 in this case). It does not seem likely to me that you would intend to use the same number in both cases. They are not the same in the first example you gave before you added the variable. Is that actually what's intended? If so, what number is the variable when this fails?

When I try this code with a value of 752 I do not get a #REF error. (I do get a #VALUE error because I don't have any data to test with.) Here is the formula that results:

Rich (BB code):
=COUNTIFS(G2:G$752,A29,L2:L781,"<>"&"LINES SET TO 0")

Upvote 1
How can you tell which instance is failing? Is the formula being entered into the cell? If so, what is the formula as it appears in the cell?

The first use is an absolute row number, and the second use is relative to the row containing the formula (29 in this case). It does not seem likely to me that you would intend to use the same number in both cases. They are not the same in the first example you gave before you added the variable. Is that actually what's intended? If so, what number is the variable when this fails?

When I try this code with a value of 752 I do not get a #REF error. (I do get a #VALUE error because I don't have any data to test with.) Here is the formula that results:

Rich (BB code):
=COUNTIFS(G2:G$752,A29,L2:L781,"<>"&"LINES SET TO 0")
My actual formula is
VBA Code:
=COUNTIFS(G2:G$781,A29,L2:L781,"<>"&"LINES SET TO 0")
however the last row could be 781 or it could be 1000. I just realized when using either of the above code I posted, it is returning
VBA Code:
=COUNTIFS(G2:G$781,A29,#REF!,"<>"&"LINES SET TO 0")

You are right in stating that the number is relative to the row containing formula. What is my option? I feel like I am having brain fog.. lol

Upvote 0
I forgot I was deleting a few columns at end of macro therefore when I was recording a macro to make changes to the layout, it was inturn referencing the wrong columns. Doh 🙄

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back